Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I picked up the DVD, but I haven't watched it yet...

2-Disc? ARRRRGHHH! I HATE it when I do that! or rather when they do it to me...Can't they just make the 2-Disc to begin with? Jerks.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    I picked up the DVD, but I haven't watched it yet...
    2-Disc? ARRRRGHHH! I HATE it when I do that! or rather when they do it to me...Can't they just make the 2-Disc to begin with? Jerks.
    ROLLO!
    I was reading an interview with the director on DVDfile.com last night. He was pressing to get all the features on the first version, but they only had 4 weeks after the movie opened to get the features for the DVD locked in. He found so much stuff and they were running out of room, so decided to release it now as is, and then include all the extras on a later 2-disc set, when they had more time to get it all ready. Atleast he pushed for the studio to make it knows they were double dipping.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I just watched the commentary last night. Some of it was so jumbled when all four of them were talking about four different things and talking over each other to be heard, it was kind of lame. But then again some of it was hilarious. Poor Eric Mabius getting made fun of for his Yogurt addiction.

I like it when the guys are trying to explain some technical movie jargon thingy and Milla goes "Uh guys nobody cares about that because you just saw my nipple." THAT was funny.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by -JediMaster-Yoda-
    i didnt like the movie of resident evil, ruined the gaming expeirence i think they should used Leon
    Why Leon?? If you want to be true to the "gaming" experiance they should have used Jill or Chris!! And they should have used only those 2 characters in the games. Who needs Leon and what's her name??

I like what they did, if gave it a fresh feel. While those who have played the games knows what happens, with the development of new characters and locations, we "knew" but didn't know. And all the suspense elements were there as well, even down to the crows.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    I like it when the guys are trying to explain some technical movie jargon thingy and Milla goes "Uh guys nobody cares about that because you just saw my nipple." THAT was funny.
    He he he. That is great. I haven't had a chance to watch the commentary yet, (my wife hates them so I have to watch it when she is not home), but JarJar was telling me that there is a lot of funny parts in there. I can't wait to hear it.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

This movie in my opinion wasn't bad and it wasn't good. Lets just say I didn't care for it too much. The up side for me was all the cool scenes with the computer control room and the base itself, along with a couple of the zombies. The down side for me was that the acting wasn't that good and the end kind of dragged a bit.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

All i have to say is this was one great movie, Jar Jar thanks for tellin us about that 2 disk set, i was gunna buy the movie this weekend, cause i love it, it was great, i only played the games like once, but i still loved the movie, and does anyone know exactly when the 2 disker is gunna be released.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Jill, Chris, or Leon don't appear in this movie because it's a prequel to the events of the first game. The audio commentary states that some of the game charecters may pop up in the sequel though. Frankly it's a silly argument, if they would have copied the games exactly and not tried to go an original route, people would be complaining cause it's to predictable.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Jill, Chris, or Leon don't appear in this movie because it's a prequel to the events of the first game. The audio commentary states that some of the game charecters may pop up in the sequel though. Frankly it's a silly argument, if they would have copied the games exactly and not tried to go an original route, people would be complaining cause it's to predictable.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Doubtful. I'll tell you, that's exactly the reason why I didn't and don't like the movie version of Resident Evil.
    I honestly cannot believe I sat through this movie while they continually lied to my face. This was not Resident Evil. However, I will say that if this movie had been called anything else, and they weren't lying, saying that it was RE, it would have been good. It was a good "thriller" movie. But, again, it wasn't Resident Evil. They said it was, and that's why I have a problem.
    I know that you cannot take something like a video game or a book and copy it word for word, action for action on the big screen. I understand some things have to be cut, have to be changed, have to be replaced in order for it to work as a movie. But they didn't just change and replace and cut out, they completely ruined the feel of this series. Resident Evil is not a "thriller". It's a GD scary game. The first time I played it, I was scared out of my mind, and I'm not afraid to admit that. Everything in the game was causing my reaction. The story itself, the music, the anxiety of opening a door. All these elements added up to make one hell of a scary game and story. Then these Hollywood big shots come in and decide they need to change the things......make it "theirs". Bull. They took something actually frightening and turned it into something startling. You sit there, something jumps out, you go "Ah! Oh..." and that's it. You're not on the edge of your seat, chewing your fingernails, heart pounding, ready to yell or scream, "Don't go in there!" But yet you have no idea that anything's really in there. You're just so worked up, so scared that anything could be a danger. That was the fun of the game. And they completely removed that from the movie. It wasn't fun. Again, it wasn't Resident Evil.
    I wanted to see the video game given justice with this film. I wanted to see a wonderful interpretation, see who they could have got to play certain parts, and how they could have made the mansion (which is where most of this should have taken place) be as scary as possible. But no. We get an entirely different story, with some stupid super computer and misplaced elements, such as the Licker, the train (both RE2) and others. I wanted to see Tyrant. I wanted to see how they could have pulled that off. But no, again. We get something that's kinda like the Licker - not even really a Licker. The thing never mutated in the game, and it shouldn't have in the movie. It was not a major threat in the game - only really a step up from a Zombie. Now, Tyrant was a mean SOB, and would have made for a much better villian.
    But I digress. There were just too many things wrong with this movie (where were the puzzles?!). This type of thing helps me to better see why people have a problem with the Star Wars prequels. This held no continuity with the game series, except for the end, and even that was distorted. If I ever become needlessly wealthy, I'll remake this movie and then we'll see who likes which one better .

Oh, and for that argument of: "Don't like it, don't watch it..." Don't worry. I won't. :P

End. Definitely End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Originally posted by Lman316
    I honestly cannot believe I sat through this movie while they continually lied to my face. This was not Resident Evil. However, I will say that if this movie had been called anything else, and they weren't lying, saying that it was RE, it would have been good. It was a good "thriller" movie. But, again, it wasn't Resident Evil. They said it was, and that's why I have a problem.
    What part wasn't RE?? Was Umbrella not RE?? Or was it the Zombies??? Or was it the T-Virus??? I think a few brain cells just exploded trying to comprehend this.

I know that you cannot take something like a video game or a book and copy it word for word, action for action on the big screen. I understand some things have to be cut, have to be changed, have to be replaced in order for it to work as a movie. But they didn't just change and replace and cut out, they completely ruined the feel of this series. Resident Evil is not a "thriller". It's a GD scary game. The first time I played it, I was scared out of my mind, and I'm not afraid to admit that. Everything in the game was causing my reaction. The story itself, the music, the anxiety of opening a door. All these elements added up to make one hell of a scary game and story. Then these Hollywood big shots come in and decide they need to change the things......make it "theirs". Bull. They took something actually frightening and turned it into something startling. You sit there, something jumps out, you go "Ah! Oh..." and that's it. You're not on the edge of your seat, chewing your fingernails, heart pounding, ready to yell or scream, "Don't go in there!" But yet you have no idea that anything's really in there. You're just so worked up, so scared that anything could be a danger. That was the fun of the game. And they completely removed that from the movie. It wasn't fun. Again, it wasn't Resident Evil.
    I think you might be a bit too involved in this game. Yeah, the game had some scary parts. The crows, the dogs, those darn spiders, and the lurking Zombies that were laying under the water, but that did not scare the begeeses out of me. It made me jump and I moved on. I was not "biting my fingernails" all through the game. I mean, its a GAME man. Besides, when you already know the premise of the Game/Movie you are not as frightened the second time around. RE2 was not scary at all to me, since I got through RE1. The more you are exposed to a genre, the less you react to it.

I wanted to see the video game given justice with this film. I wanted to see a wonderful interpretation, see who they could have got to play certain parts, and how they could have made the mansion (which is where most of this should have taken place) be as scary as possible. But no. We get an entirely different story, with some stupid super computer and misplaced elements, such as the Licker, the train (both RE2) and others. I wanted to see Tyrant. I wanted to see how they could have pulled that off. But no, again. We get something that's kinda like the Licker - not even really a Licker. The thing never mutated in the game, and it shouldn't have in the movie. It was not a major threat in the game - only really a step up from a Zombie. Now, Tyrant was a mean SOB, and would have made for a much better villian.
    So the computer did not go a little nuts and create/release the ending boss in the first game?? Or did I imagine that part?? And why the Tyrant. Most of the time through the game, he walked, you shot him, he fell, and you moved on. Then he got back up and you repeated the process. How is that more scary??? How was that harder??? To me the Tyrant in RE2 was very lame. I thought Nemisis was a much better adversary!

But I digress. There were just too many things wrong with this movie (where were the puzzles?!). This type of thing helps me to better see why people have a problem with the Star Wars prequels. This held no continuity with the game series, except for the end, and even that was distorted. If I ever become needlessly wealthy, I'll remake this movie and then we'll see who likes which one better .
    So you want to see the main character run back and forth between 4 rooms 12 times to open 1 door?? Or you want to see them pick something up that has no relavance to anything until the end?? I felt there were some puzzles in the movie, you just did not get to interact with them. There was the dormant traps that Kaplin had to disable, there was the issue of how to get out that Alice figured out(re-activate the Queen), there was dealing with mutated licker. There were puzzles, just not as obvious as the game.

And ruining the continuity??? I thought the 3rd game pretty well did that! I think that new blood needed to be added to RE. Otherwise it would have been a copy of the game, and everyone who played it would have already know what was going to happen, therefor why pay the money to see it?? Why even make it if its a copy of the game, which it seems is what you wanted. Besides, if the creators of the game are happy with the results, then it had to be good to them. Otherwise it would not have been made.

I really think you need to step out from the game world, and think outside the console. Sheesh! What your "perfect" vision of the movie might be, might not be the best. Nor mine. But I for one am very happy with this new chapter to the RE saga and I look forward to the next one. I am ready to turn the page:happy:
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

How can you say somthing isn't "Resident Evil". The people that make the games, even had influence on the script. What if the next game, they decide to make it set during the time of the movie. Are you going to argue with the makers of the game, that you know better?

You realize how difficult it is to adapt a video game into a decent movie. This was one of the first video game movies that didn't suck. The movie works because they went outside the video game box, and made a compeling intresting story, that explains why all what happened in the games occured.

No Hollywood big shots changed the game, it was a small time director that worked closely with the original game designers. This is a prequel to the first game, it was explaining what happened in it.

Everything was a danger in the movie, did you watch the same flick I did. The dobermans, the buttload of Zombies, the computer trying to stop them from shutting her down and releasing the zombies. The sudden jumps when things suddenly pop out and attack people. Seems like the game to me.

Who cares if the Licker and the Train were from RE2, it was cool to see them in the movie. And don't the Lickers in the game look different from one game to the next because they were redesigned? That was why they had it mutate, because they liked both versions?

The Tyrent or somthing similar will probably show up in the sequel to the movie. Since the second movie deals with what the aftermath of what happened in Racoon City. We know that Nemesis creatures will show up in 2.

Who wants to see people solving puzzles in a movie, they want to see a kick-arse Zombie flick, with alot of blood and gore and cool zombies. The movie succeeds on that level, because it doesn't stick close to the game.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks