Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil

Resident Evil

Well, I think they did a nice job on this movie! It's very freaky, and had several "make ya jump" points. Not all video game movies turn out bad Loved the licker...

Has anyone else seen this yet? What did you think?
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

i have not seen it, but was suprised they had the guts to make an R rated film out of this. i still don't have much hope for it, but at least they didn't dumb it down like "spawn", which should of been a hard R rated film.

from the previews i've seen, it looks like another excuse to use nifty camera work and get matrix-martial arts moves into a film. but i do love mila and that chick from girlfight is pretty hot, so maybe i'll plunk down some cash on this one.

Oh! Sorry...

I this was a thread about my stepmonster. She looks like a genetic hybrid of Danny DeVito and Ernest Borgnine. She's lovely!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I liked the movie alot!! The special effects were great and it had some good action sequences. I also liked the Licker!!
    And not to mention the fact that Mila Jolovich is scantily clad throughout the entire film helps alot too.
    Man she is so hot.
    Oh, sorry I got off on a tangent there.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I remember playing the first years ago, so if my question is outdated please forgive me - didn't the first game take place in an old house? The movie appears to take place in a corporate building . . . did they use that plotline later in the game series? Thanks for clearing this up

Originally posted by Caesar
    I remember playing the first years ago, so if my question is outdated please forgive me - didn't the first game take place in an old house? The movie appears to take place in a corporate building . . . did they use that plotline later in the game series? Thanks for clearing this up
    The first game took place in a mansion, yes. This is sort of a prequel to the game, but also incorperates some of the later games into the plotline. By the way, saw the movie yesterday, gotta say it's one of the best movies made from a video game ever. As well as being near the top of the list for zombie movies.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

does it involve Code:Veronica at all?
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

My verdict is in. It was GOOD. I was really suprised. There was an overabundance of "jump in your seat moments" which I liked. As far as video games go, it was way better than that crapfest Tomb Raider last year. It perfectly sets up a sequel which is already in the works. And Milla Jovovich! Her opening scene is her scantily dressed in a shower curtain and her final shots are her scantily dressed in a...pillowcase? Plus, when she falls off the table...all I can say is she shaves. They ripped off the Cube in that laser grid sequence, but it was all good. I give it a hearty three

What's a licker?

Hey Rollo,
    Mila was hot, was she not??
    And that laser in the cube sequence was pretty sweet.
    That dude that got diced at the end was pretty screwed though.
    All in all a good movie.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

My wife and I saw this movie last night and it was great. She loved it. She use to sit and watch me play the games so she knew the story. I loved how with the music and the tention in the shot, it made you jump no matter what. You were sitting there going:

"I know somethings going to happen. I know something is going to happen. I know something is going to happen. I will not jump. I will not jump. I will not . . . . . .WWWAAAAAAAAA*insert jumping motion here*"

I was great to see a lot of the games combined into this movie but yet, there was a sense of "new-ness" in the movie too. And the open ending just about solidifies a sequel. My wife and I agree that we will get the DVD when it comes out and we will see RE2 when that comes out too!! Also, there was never any real show of graphic violence in the movie. You never really saw any real huge amounts of blood. Which was great!!! You don't need a ton of blood and gore to make a good horror/thriller/edge-of-your-seat movie.

Review: Out of 10 possible stars I give it: **********(that's ten)
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"