Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R4 droids

R4 droids

can anybody point me to any other R4 droids in the movies apart from R4-M9 in Tantive IV's main corridor. I've found two pics so far. One is what looks like an Imperial R4 but it's dark grey not black as the other astro droids of the empire are. And a pic in the SW encyclopedia of a white and red R4 in Mos Eisley which i think is from a decipher card and not from the movie. But are there any others anywhere that can be found in pics?

The reason for this question is that I bought two extra R4 droid figures to customise and want to find the most amount of pics to decide how to customise them. Similarly, anyone got a decent pic of the Imperial R3 droid on the first death star? I've only found a fuzzy shot of the back of it so far.

Any help here would be really apreciated. Thanx

Jargo, is this the dark colored one you have? I'll snoop around some more . . .

Oops, sorry if the first part is blurry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r4droiddark.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	1051  

Re: R4 droids

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Similarly, anyone got a decent pic of the Imperial R3 droid on the first death star? I've only found a fuzzy shot of the back of it so far. Any help here would be really apreciated. Thanx
    Is this the R3 unit that you are talking about, that appears down the corridor when Ben is slinking around?

R3-T6: R3 Astromech Droid by Industrial Automation- More advanced model of Astromech droid used by the Empire

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r3-t6.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	1052  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Caeser, that's exactly the dark R4 I'm talking about haha He's grey/blue not black so he can't be imperial can he?

JJB, thanx for that pic, I haven't seen that one before. I've only ever seen the rear shot from when Ben enters the corridor and the droid can be seen trubdling away from camera in the background. Cool. That's the R3 droids sorted.

The other R3 is the orangey yelow one from Echo base but there's loads of pics of that one.

But thanks guys, if you do find any more R4 pics lets have 'em. Gonna make me some cool custom droids here I can see.

Your welcome Jargo. Make sure ya post some pictures of them when you are done. I need to get about 2 more R3's and 2 more R4's myself for customizing purposes.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

For all your Astromech droid info needs, please click here.

It even lists an Imperial R3, R4, and R5 droid that are painted like R2-Q5.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Wow! LT --- that was a groovy link. Way cool.

There are so many variations of Astrodroids I wish Hasbro would do a ten pack or something!!!

Maybe a troop builder variation? I'd definitely buy a four pack of any of the astro droids with FOUR different paint schemes . . .

Okay, being too tired and lazy to do my own research Where can the Imperial R4 droid be seen in the movies? I can't seem to place him. He's the first one I'm doing and I just wondered where he fits in that's all. I'm doing the white and red one too that's supposed to be BoSheks droid. Gonna be cool! And yes, I'll let you see them when I'm done.

Supposedly they're all supposed to be in the DS2 hangar, but I've never seen'em, possibly if you have a widescreen laserdisc you might be able to frame freeze and see'em.

Highly interesting, R2-A1 (the black Imperial R2 Unit) looks nothing like R2-Q5 except for being an R2 unit, however R3-Q5 looks just like the R2-Q5 figure... and it appears R3-Q5's and another R3's dome have been painted. Weird.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Supposedly they're all supposed to be in the DS2 hangar, but I've never seen'em, possibly if you have a widescreen laserdisc you might be able to frame freeze and see'em.
    Highly interesting, R2-A1 (the black Imperial R2 Unit) looks nothing like R2-Q5 except for being an R2 unit, however R3-Q5 looks just like the R2-Q5 figure... and it appears R3-Q5's and another R3's dome have been painted. Weird.
    I'll check my Laserdiscs later for the R4 units, but I think LTBasker is right they appear in the background of the DS2 hanger. As for red 6's R3-Q5 listing, I think it's supposed to be R2-Q5, but he thought the dome was clear or somthing. Oh well, you can't be right all the time, after all.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks