What do you THINK will happen in Episode III?

This is the SPOILER FREE section so if you know any spoilers PLEASE DO NOT POST THEM IN HERE. I want to know what you think will happen in the last Star Wars film to be made.

I think Anakin's turn to Vader will be secret so we are all shocked in Episode V,
    Palpatine will reveal himself to be Sidious,
    Boba Fett will kill Mace Windu,
    Vader will kill Padmé after the babies have been born. He will think he killed the children along with her,
    Obi-Wan will be on the Jedi Council,
    Vader will wipe out the remaining members of the Jedi Council appart from Yoda and Obi-Wan,
    The Galactic Empire will become powerful and the Rebel Alliance will be created.

PENDO!

Obi Wan on the council? intriguing. I never thought of that.

By the way everything is spoiler free because they haven't done any work on Episode III yet (well, they have, but only one tiny little scene and some preproduction artwork) so I think:
    • We will see Anakin become Vader.
    • Palpatine will be revealed to be Sidious...in Episode II. ( If that's a spoiler, I apologize. That's my theory and I haven't seen anything confirming that in the EII stuff).
    • Mace Windu will become "one with the force" in front of Fett, but Fett won't actually kill him.
    • Padme will be wounded (either by Anakin or Obi Wan) but will survive to the end of the film. Although between the difficult birth, her heartbreak at losing Anakin, and the wound, it will be implied that she won't survive for much longer.
    • Vader WILL wipe out the remaining Council members.
    • The Empire WILL become powerful.
    • And the seeds of the Rebel Alliance will be born.

I never considered Obi-Wan on the Council either. It's a possibility, because my guess is that Anakin's fall will be from that of a Jedi Knight, not a padawan ("I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your father.")

Perhaps when the film begins Anakin is a full fledged Knight, meaning Obi-Wan would be free to sit on the Council. I wouldn't want another padawan after instructing Anakin

Maybe Anakin won't need to take the trials and would be made a full Jedi Knight after his performance with a certain somebody in Episode II (I'm trying to avoid giving away any Episode II Spoilers). Obi-Wan was made a full Jedi Knight after defeating Darth Maul, so the same is possible for Anakin. This would then allow Obi-Wan the freedom to be on the council.

PENDO!

I like your predictions, but keep in mind:

Leia knew her mother, which presumes that Padme survives until Leia is say 3 or 4 years old.

Vader told Obi-Wan: "When I left you, I was but a learner, now I am the Master." I'm guessing Anakin never makes it beyond Padawan before he turns to the Dark Side.

I've been trying to figure out how the birth of the twins will be worked into Episode III. We know that Anakin doesn't know Padme gave birth to twins. It has occured to me of late that we may also never see the twins in EIII. In fact, most of the film may take place just after Padme discovers she is pregnant, but before any medical tests would/could be done to detect the presence of twins. That way, again a new audience would be surprised to learn that both Luke and Leia are the children of Anakin & Padders.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

for everybody who hasn't seen the trailer to remain absolutely spoiler free don't read further

anyone ever thought of Anakin already turning to the dark side at the end of E-II ? I mean Dooku says in the trailer that "together we will destroy the sith" maybe he wants to fool kenobi but maybe Anakin already is turned and dooku tries to help obi-wan to destroy Anakin? could be, maybe...

(this is only a thought, nothing I've read somewhere in a spoiler section or sumthin')

Originally posted by Fixer
    Vader told Obi-Wan: "When I left you, I was but a learner, now I am the Master." I'm guessing Anakin never makes it beyond Padawan before he turns to the Dark Side.
    Good point Fixer Maybe Vader does not mean it in reference to padawan status? Even if Anakin does become a Jedi Knight, I think he would still revere Obi-Wan as his master.
    When the OT was made, I think the term "Jedi" was vague as compared to the current line of padawan, Knight, master, etc.

Originally posted by Fixer

I've been trying to figure out how the birth of the twins will be worked into Episode III. We know that Anakin doesn't know Padme gave birth to twins. It has occured to me of late that we may also never see the twins in EIII. In fact, most of the film may take place just after Padme discovers she is pregnant, but before any medical tests would/could be done to detect the presence of twins. That way, again a new audience would be surprised to learn that both Luke and Leia are the children of Anakin & Padders.
    I think you'll see Padme pregnant. She will have the twins offscreen (like the movie will be following Obi Wan during that part) so when you get back to padme, she will have already given birth. Then the movie will only focus on Luke. You might see somebody in the background holding a second child (leia) and it will be obvious enough to the audience who knows there are twins. But it will be ambiguous in terms of revealing Leia and Lukes connection in Episode VI...

Just thought of some more things that I think will happen in Episode III:
    • Yoda will kill Darth Tyranus,
    • Obi-Wan will have a lightsaber duel with Anakin over a molten pit, Obi-Wan will be trying to calm Anakin down and turn him back to the light side but he accidently knocks Anakin in. He will take Anakin's lightsaber (to give to Luke in Episode IV),
    • Jar Jar will die,
    • Jar jar will be killed,
    • Jar Jar will be destroyed,
    • Jar Jar will suffer a most painful death,
    • The Death Star will begin construction and the superlaser will blow up Jar Jar.

PENDO!

I presume Anakin will slay Tyranous, taking his place at the Emperor's side

Jar Jar dying ? I hope not, I like the fool. Maybe he won't even be in Episode III? Perhaps his time in AOTC is actually a phase out . . . ?

. . . okay, I think Jar Jar will be there but I hope he survives . . . and reappears in the classic trilogy Archival Editions