View Poll Results: Why don't you get your toys at 7 or 8 am in the morning?

Voters
659. You may not vote on this poll
  • I actually do and finding everything is not a problem

106 16.08%
  • I can't figure out what days to shop

85 12.90%
  • I can't stop on the way to work or school

253 38.39%
  • I want to sleep at this time

154 23.37%
  • Other

61 9.26%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by Tycho
    But we're going to take a look at the "ethics" of army building in another poll and see what everyone does with that.
    That sounds like a great one. Can't wait for that!!! This figure "ethics" poll is a great idea Tycho!

I've taken many an ethics class for my profession but none for figure collecting LOL it'll be interesting to see how people answer and what they have to say!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

STAR WARS
    I buy most of my Hasbro STAR WARS stuff from New Force Comics. They are the best of the best as far as buying on the 'net. Their prices for figures (by the case) are cheaper than what you'll find at Wally World- and I've never had a problem dealing with them. They also double box when shipping, so your figures arrive "minty fresh"- and you know that's far better than getting figures from a store that have been mangled by drooling kids.
    On occasion, I do seek out figures at my local (Kansas City area) Wal-Marts. I usually always score when I check them out about 10 o'clock P.M.- when they've just pulled pallets onto the floor. A couple weeks ago I found four cases of "Sneak Preview" figures that were just brought to the sales floor.:D
    On a side note, I was impressed by the quality of these new figures- Jango is cool, but I think that Zam Wesell was the best of the four. I was a little disappointed by the Clone Trooper- compare it to the CommTech Stormtrooper...
    This is all nitpicky stuff- but I must say the figures being released on April 23 look even better than the "Sneak Preview" stuff.

The Walmart near my college is great at getting the latest waves, so I stop after school, usually as a reward for doing well on tests. I do well on my Micro quiz tomorrow, I might pick up another R4 or Shek for customizing.

Luckily, I don't really care about retail availability in the fall when I transfer, because I'd probably get AOTC figures as punishment.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I don't have time in the morning to try and go to Wal-Mart or Target on the days I work. And on my days off I want to sleep in a little. Besides Montana is like the outer rime of US collecting. Scalpers aren't a hugh problem were I live. Biggest problem I have is the stores and consumers that have lost interest in the produce, hence making it harder to find.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Checking the stores paid off this past Saturday for me. I found an Imperial officer at Wal Mart! First time I'd seen him in the stores.

why dont i buy them at 7-8 am?
    Because i have a life.
    I love star wars figs , but lets get real here .
    Im not about to wait in line before a store opens to buy figs (its not like they are gold plated or something)
    if i dont get one or two figs im not going to die.
    you can get them online if you REALLY want them but , who wants to pay over 10 bucks for a figure(with or without shipping)?

That's why I'd rather leave for work early, and wait in that line before the store opens (there's usually only about 11 people - most of them interested in Hot Wheels first, anyway).

I have to be out and commuting at that time, might as well start the day off with something I want (at a fair retail price) while I'm out earning the money to pay for it.

I hit the Wal-Mart on my way to school almost everyday in the morning, and I still consider myself to have a life. I take 15 extra minutes to go to Wal-Mart and check for figures. Its 15 minutes out of a 24 hour day.

If I miss one or two figures, I don't lose any sleep over it.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I hope im not coming across like a jerk here but
    you go everyday?
    I mean once or twice a week is good for me.
    My stores in NJ dont stock that much I guess, certainly not enough to 'show up there for work' every morning

I don't. I check the Just Found USA forum here, and with a few other sites.

Once I get store reports of things being found, I start to go every day until I have as much of the new stuff that I want. It's on my way to work, so it;s no big deal. (also I often work from home, and it's not too difficult because then I can go back to sleep for about an hour after I get back home before I have phone conferences, etc.)

I have not gone to any of the stores for about a week now. I already have the TIE Bomber, and probably all the E2 figures and vehicles I am going to get before April 23.

Starting about then, and until I have all the Geonosians I want (probably the highest count of any figure I'm collecting from E2's initial offerings) I will go every day - to Wal*Mart, Target, and TRU (if work permits).