Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Clone Troopers

Exactly. For exampl, the last shot of the recent CloneTrooper TV add, where it's zoomed in close on a dozen or so troopers fighting, they probably used real actors. But for any big shots they either use CGI, or they copy and paste real actors to increase the numbers, like LTB said.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Strangely, on the Clone Trooper picture on the bubble insert of the Ep 2 action figure, it appears to be a CGI trooper even though it's a lone close-up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking Clone Troopers

Is anyone else with me on the fact that the clone troopers are awsome.....they are a great unit..and even greater with Yoda as their General.

I just wonder how creative they can think?

It was neat hearing Poor ol Jango's voice coming from each clone trooper.....I know its supposed to be that way, I just thought it was neat

they are becoming my new favorite character(s)

AWSOME MOVIE LUCAS!!!!

I liked the Clone Troopers as well. They weren't as "mindless" as I thought they would be.
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

Boba Fett = Jango Fett!!!

Neat-o!

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

I thought it was weird that Lucas treated them more like individuals (both in dialogue and in filming concept) than the Stormtroopers of the classic trilogy. I had a hard time getting over that and the fact that not ONE of them seemed to be real - they were ALL CGI.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sean the Hutt
    at least they seemed to have better aim than stormtroopers!

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I thought it was weird that Lucas treated them more like individuals (both in dialogue and in filming concept) than the Stormtroopers of the classic trilogy. I had a hard time getting over that and the fact that not ONE of them seemed to be real - they were ALL CGI.
    More like Individuals? Where do you mean? They weren't standing around on the Death Star, slacking off and just chatting about the latest speeder while Obi-wan is sneaking around. They were doing their job.

And not all of them were CGI. Quite a few shots of them where real people in the armor suits, mulitiplied by the use of blue screeen and computers. Me thinks you are unfairly picking on the film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JT, they were ALL CGI? In alot of those shots it really seemed like some of them were peeps in costume.

And Lucas probably couldn't fit much Stormtrooper individuality into the story due to budgets and worrying it might go off the story - However there is the one scene with those two Stormtroopers that Obi-Wan tricks, they were pretty individual.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I did not see ONE shot of a real-world armored clone trooper and I don't think there are any. They had those same "perfect imperfections" textures that Yoda did.

As for their individuality, they had lines of dialogue where they made decisions, were talked to by main characters like they were real people, and we saw a few shots of their "faces" (close-ups of their helmets reacting).