Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Clone Troopers

Isn't the whole point to them, the fact that they can make thought out decisions. Lama Su and Taun We even make mention that they can think for themselves, but have been gentically engineered to obey commands.

And the are real people, and were given commands to follow. Most people, and especially Jedi, are not going to treat any living lifeform like they are inhuman. And of course they would react to stuff, they are humanoid, they react to their surroundings.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I said it was weird to me, dang man, what do you want? You're not gonna change my mind on this, compared to the stormies of the CT, these guys seem to be treated much more like individuals in this film - that seems ODD to me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I had no clue the Clone troopers were "good guys" until I saw the movie. That was a big shock for me as my dioramas depict them as "bad guys". They were cool to see in action. Better than stormtroopers.

like I said in another thread, I like clonetroopers more than stromtroopers now that I've seen the movie mainly bacause of the cooler looking armor and the bigger guns
    and they actually were more "human" IMO casue they talked more and cause the served the good guys and helped them

They can also shoot straighter

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I had a hard time getting over that and the fact that not ONE of them seemed to be real - they were ALL CGI.
    This sort of interested me too JediTricks. I think though that there more shots of human Clonetroopers than you think though.

I noticed that in scenes where there weren't any other real-world elements, the Clonetroopers would be done CGI. ie: the scene where Yoda tells the clone commander to bring him a ship. Yoda is CGI, as is the background, so instead of bothering to film a clone actor and composite him, they just did the entire thing in CGI.

But I believe the clonetrooper who came up to Padme after she fell, as well as the ones onboard the gunships were humans.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Well, I obviously can't be 100% sure, and I bet it'll be easier to find out once the DVD comes out later this year, but I did notice that both Clone Trooper figures have CGI pictures of what they're portraying instead of real-world ones.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

clone theory

Just saw it for the second time and cant get a certain thought out of my head.
    We never do find out who the unspoiled clone is yet do we.
    Sure we GUESS that it is boba, the child.
    I have another thought.
    TYPHO.
    I remember he had a striking resemblance to the clones as they were eating and to boba.
    Jango didnt look like either really.

I do find it interesting that he had the patch on his eye (cheap type of disguise perhaps?).

If someone has a pic of the unhelmeted clones/typho we can compare id love to see them side by side.

(i heard panaka had a problem with the pay wage for ep II so he was replaced but , could there be more to it....?)

It's been discussed alot already, Captain Typho and the Clones have no relation to each other. The unaltered clone is Boba Fett, as he is only 10 years old, because he wasn't artificially aged. The person that played Captain Typho was played by Jay Laga'aia, and the unmasked CloneTroopers were played by Bodie 'Tihoi' Taylor. And Jango looks very similar to the CloneTroopers, they are just 20 years old, while he is in his 40's.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 05-18-2002 at 10:05 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

the rebellious clone?

did anybody else notice that when obi-wan was being shown the clones, the bit where there eating there dinner, one of the clones looks up and gives them a dirty look, then he looks at his "brothers", like he's not happy, perphas a seed that they will turn in episode III, lets remember that everything is there for a reason....

thoughts people?

"i'd just as soon kiss a wookie"