Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Clone Troopers

I think you're thinking too much into that scene, DN. I believe the reason why one raises his head is too get his face fully seen on camera so the audience can see that the clones are definitely from Jango Fett, although a little younger. It was just there as an establishing piece to connect the two. Just like showing the younger clones at 'school' and seeing that they all look like Boba.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

i dont agree we have plenty of shots of the clones, the whole scene is telling us what is happening, he just doesn't look like the other clones, its too significant on its own, remember a lot of the films ask questions that arent always answered till the next picture. the way that clone looked at them was very deliberate.

He's right, your reading to much into it. What you mean, he doesn't look like the other clones? In his looks or mannerisms? The same actor played all the clones, so I hope that's not what you mean. He just lifts his head and looks around, they are human after all, even if they are clones. Plus Lucas wanted to make sure we got a good look at their faces, and that they look like younger versions of Jango that we meet a few moments later.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by darth neil
    i dont agree we have plenty of shots of the clones, the whole scene is telling us what is happening, he just doesn't look like the other clones, its too significant on its own, remember a lot of the films ask questions that arent always answered till the next picture. the way that clone looked at them was very deliberate.
    I don't think it really means anything either. But I do agree he looks VERY upset with something in that scene. I've noticed that everytime I've seen it.

Maybe he wanted spaghetti instead...
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Maybe something happened during the Cloing process and he was looking up in disgust of the food. Or he was uncomfortable with having that camera watching him.

Perhaps he was just curious if he could get seconds if he wasn't in disgust of the food.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Idonno... that Clone Trooper in the scene with the fallen Padme moves pretty CGI to me. Too fluid, or something.

Hey, about this CGI vs. "real" Clonetrooper debate, I remember a report on TFN last week (or so) that claimed not one single Clone costume was created. Allegedly they are all CGI.

I knew most of them were CGI, but I assumed they used a few real costumes . . .

Originally posted by Caesar
    Hey, about this CGI vs. "real" Clonetrooper debate, I remember a report on TFN last week (or so) that claimed not one single Clone costume was created. Allegedly they are all CGI.

I knew most of them were CGI, but I assumed they used a few real costumes . . .
    Hmm... well that's possible. But some of the scenes with clones looked a LOT like real people, whereas some of them looked completely artificial. It seems like a big difference if they were all CGI. But who knows?
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

i thought there were a couple parts when they looked fake but all in all they looked good.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

I said it was weird to me, dang man, what do you want? You're not gonna change my mind on this, compared to the stormies of the CT, these guys seem to be treated much more like individuals in this film - that seems ODD to me.

I think what you're getting at is how other people treat the clones in the movie compared to how they were treated in the OT. The big difference there is that you have Jedi (Mace, Yoda, ect) commanding the clones and in general Yoda's gonna be much kinder and gentler with his interaction than a typical Imperial Officer. The Empire reguards Stormtroopers as tools of the war machine, little more than droids, which ultimately is what they are.

And yeah, the CGI sucks at times. It's still not perfected yet and I wish they didn't have to use it as much.

But there's always the Archive Edition...
    MTFBWY, FMTPO!!!