Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Troopers

Hybrid View

Clone Trooper question

I try to not read anything about Ep.2 so if I'm missing something, please clue me in.
    Why the new outfit? Why not just Clones in Stormtrooper gear? The Imperial Guard is the same, why aren't the Empire's shock troops? Are we even going to see Stormtroopers in this trilogy? I want to see examples of their legendary aiming skills. . Does anyone know the deal with this situation? Like maybe the Clone Trooper is another variation? Like Snow and Sand and Scout.
    [url="http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/williams1138/index.html"]TheJedi[/url]

I'm really just guessing here but based on the EU books the clones are made from the best and brightest troops. I would say that the clonetroopers are the generic form which later become stormtroopers which are not clones. If you buy into the whole Sparti Cylinder cloning tank backstory from the books. I would say that the clonetroopers should be the best troops we ever see in the Star Wars Saga.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Thumbs up clone uniforms

remember, the clone uniform's are 20 years before the stormtroopers. it is completly logical that a military may modify it's uniforms over such a time period.

compair u.s. military outfits in W.W.II to those in vietnam to those of modern day. they all changed over time. if you look at the supposed clone troper artwork, there are aspects of the episode 4 stormtrooper there.

Lightbulb

From the arm seen next to Doug Chiang in "Wedgie 'em out", they don't appear to be drastically different from the Storm Trooper's uniform.

Re: clone uniforms

Originally posted by derek
    remember, the clone uniform's are 20 years before the stormtroopers. it is completly logical that a military may modify it's uniforms over such a time period.

compair u.s. military outfits in W.W.II to those in vietnam to those of modern day. they all changed over time. if you look at the supposed clone troper artwork, there are aspects of the episode 4 stormtrooper there.
    Good point. I've seen the Stormtrooper base in the Clone trooper art. And how do you know they are 20 years before the Stormtroopers? Does it say that somewhere? Cause if you're right, we wont see Stormtroopers at all in this trilogy.

clonetroopers

let me clarify by saying that episode 2 takes place 20 years before episode 4. i think the storm troopers, despite what they initially wear, won't appear until palpatine declairs himself emperor(he'll need an army to protect his seat of power). that probably will happen between episode 3 and 4.

besides, the more outfits the clone/stormtroopers have, the more action figures they can sell

Re: clonetroopers

Originally posted by derek
    let me clarify by saying that episode 2 takes place 20 years before episode 4. i think the storm troopers, despite what they initially wear, won't appear until palpatine declairs himself emperor(he'll need an army to protect his seat of power). that probably will happen between episode 3 and 4.

besides, the more outfits the clone/stormtroopers have, the more action figures they can sell
    Yeah, I know it's 20 years. But you don't think he will declare himself Emperor in one of these movies? I personally think he will. That's why I think we will see Stormtroopers.
    And yes, that is more action figures for them to sell. I think Lucas did that on purpose. That is one of the reasons I'm not too big on the clone trooper idea. It doesn't always have to be different for it to work. Know what I mean?

22 years before ANH. Ep 3 will be 2 years after that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    After their initial test-run, people laugh at the big fins on their heads, so the designers go back and make deaths-head helmets that spread fear and terror, rather than chortles and guffaws...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

When I told my friend, who likes SW, but doesn't know as much as I about the new movies about the Clones, he came up with the brilliant theory that, "That's why Stormtroopers can't shoot, they're all clones of the same dumb as* dude".

Seriously though, I'm glad the Clonetroopers are going to be in different uniforms, given the Spolier info that Yoda will be leading the Clone Army. How would it look to all of us for Yoda to be leading Stormtroopers into battle? It would change the way we look at everything.