Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question any prediction which episode2 figure would be hard to find?

I've learned a lot of lessons from my episode1 splurging spree last 1999. I spent around $200 on my first stop at walmart on all ep1 related products including kenner figs, micro machines, lego, books, applause products, and shirts. My first priority was hasbro's action figures, since my budget was $200, i only got the main characters like Darth Maul, Quigon Jinn, Anakin, Obiwan, Padme, etc. leaving Mace Windu (since i have the preview fig), Ki-Adi-Mundi, Boss Nass, etc. After 2 weeks, when i got my pay check, i immediately went to the nearest walmart, toys r us, and target stores only to find out that all the ones ive left behind were gone. the only ones were left were JarJars, C3pos, Senator Palpatines, and Chancellor Valorums.

Now that apr23 is fast approaching and and my budget for that day is a hundred lesser than before (i now have more bills to pay). would any one of you kind enough to give advice which figures should i pick up on the 23rd?

these are my priority:
    1.anakin (hangar duel)
    2.kit fisto
    3.shaak ti
    4.super battle droid
    5.nikto jedi

who would be the next 5 figures?
    The Force is forever!

Its too hard to tell at this point, IMO. We've gotten word that most stores will receive or have already received many cases of figures, maybe even more so than E1. Your best bet is to find out each case break down, and then pick up the ones that are only 1 per case. Then work from there.

Do any of us know officially what the case breakdowns are?
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Whichever ones I'm not able to pick up on the 23rd.

The Ep1 line taught me many valuable lessons when it comes to Hasbro's tactics:

1. Pass on the first waves of core characters - Hasbro will sculpt and resculpt these guys until you wanna plotz.

2. Buy the obscure and background characters - like the Tusken female, Nikto Jedi and Shaak Ti. Because, chances are, this is the last time you will ever see them in action figure form.

3. BUY THE VEHICLES AND BEASTS! - Hasbro thinks there is no market for these things, which is why they are relegated to in-store exclusives and non-existence during the slow times. This is why we haven't seen a Shuttle or a good Jabba yet.

However, don't spend your money on crappy toys just to artificially inflate demand. This sends Hasbro the message that we will buy anything.

Unfortunately, thanks to the completists, this is partially true. Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us, guys! You know who you are!

When all is said and done, though, I don't think any Ep2 figures will be that hard to find a few months from now. The first few waves are always the most plentiful and clog the clearance bins long after the line is cancelled. The last waves of any line have always been the rare ones. Case in point: who's worth more - vintage loose Darth Vader or vintage loose YakFace? Darth Maul Tatooine or Sio Bibble?

See what I mean? Above all, don't fall for the hype and BE PATIENT!!!

Re: any prediction which episode2 figure would be hard to find?

Originally posted by earl

these are my priority:
    1.anakin (hangar duel)
    2.kit fisto
    3.shaak ti
    4.super battle droid
    5.nikto jedi

who would be the next 5 figures?
    Well for one thing, Anakin Hangar Duel probably won't be out on the 23rd so you might want to drop him off the list.

I would leave off ShaakTi unless you just REALLY want her. I've had one for a while now and she isn't that great. I wouldn't be surprised if she is a major peg warmer. The one thing that does stand out though is that shes a Jedi, so that might help her sell. The Jedi from Ep1 were genereally some of the best sellers, but then again there are going to be many, many more of them in AOTC so buyers might be a bit pickier about which ones they get.

Really though, NONE of the figures will be very hard to find. Yes, after a few days most of the original stock will be gone, but after a week or two all the figures will be back on the shelves. There weren't any figures from Ep1 that were incredibley hard to find until the last few waves.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I'm guessing all but the Army Builder characters, Boba, Jango, and some Jedi will be peg-warmers, scalpers'll be grabbing up the Bobas and Jangos probably.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    I'm guessing all but the Army Builder characters, Boba, Jango, and some Jedi will be peg-warmers, scalpers'll be grabbing up the Bobas and Jangos probably.
    The Battle droids and 1st Maul were slightly difficult to find on May 3rd in 99. LTBasker is right, look for Army builders, Jango, and Boba to be in shorter supply then the rest. After all I can find nice quantities of all of the preview figures at my local stores, except for Jango.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Also too, with the way they are packing cases to prevent shortpacking, there shouldn't really be any figure difficult to find because of case shipments.

I'm personally going for all army builders first. I'll fill up a cart with as many Battledroids and Super battledroids as I can get.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Angry ?!?!?!

A cart full?!?! A cart full?!? Please, someone tell me he is joking! Its people like him that make it soooo impossible for people like my brother to buy his son just ONE of each the figures; or for a casual collector who just wants one of his favorite characters. Come on! Let everyone at them and fill a cart a day or two later. Add scalpers on top of this and its months and months before you can find many figures. I sincerely hope many stores put limits on what you can buy. So called "army builders" pushing a cart to the aisle and immediately shoveling in all the figures is completely out of hand and complete @-hole move.

I think what would be a good idea for army building is to not do it right away, maybe 4-7 of each army builder is good number to get at once depending on the supply in the store. Remember there are internet sites and some should have some ok prices on these things. Don't build your army up at once, just do it gradually, the Ep2 stuff isn't gonna go anywhere, not before the movie comes out.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"