Clone Wars question

Just who are the clones fighting in the "Clone Wars?"

Are they fighting the Droids of the trade federation/banking conglomerate/etc. that is created by Dooku in Episode II????

Are they fighting the Droids of the trade federation/banking conglomerate/etc. that is created by Dooku in Episode II????
    Yes, Unless the Confederacy is somehow able to create their own clone army.
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 04-26-2002 at 12:32 PM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

They are fighting the separatists that are led by Count Dooku. The trade federation, the banking conglomerate, etc. that are also involved in the separatist movement. Count Dooku has had quite a following since he began this movement, which I believe was around the time of the Invasion of Naboo.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I used to always wonder what the point of Ep1 was aside from introducing Anakin and Padme. However, the revocation of the Trade Fedration's trade liscense was a key catalyst to the Clone Wars. It would be similar to making a film about the life of Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand as a prelude to a movie about WWI.

The prequels themselves are further blurring the simple good vs. evil storyline. It seems that Jango was working with the Kaminoans to create the clone army; but he was working for the Separatists and his clones were key in defeating his allies in the final battle of Ep2. A little confusing but not unlike real life.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Good point BigB, the politics here are tricky. Lots of folks working for both sides...

What I want to know is if Jango kills his own clones, what type of murder is that?

Snake Plissken
    "A little human compassion"

Originally posted by snakeplkn
    What I want to know is if Jango kills his own clones, what type of murder is that?

Snake Plissken
    "A little human compassion"
    Duplicide? Xeroxicide? I think that will be one of the great ironies of the film - Jango discovering that he has to fight his own clones.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

I don't think he fights even one of them in the arena battle.
    ubi mel ibi apes