Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

" No more training do you require, already know you, that which you need."

If Luke doesn't require anymore training, why does Yoda say a little while after that, that Luke must complete with his training.

I believe he was referring to Luke's hastiness in leaving for Bespin in ESB and the subsequent duel with Vader. Yoda said, "not ready for the burden were you."

Yoda neglected to tell Luke about the Midichlorian's. It was on the syllabus for the next day...but Luke took off.

Originally posted by stillakid
    Yoda neglected to tell Luke about the Midichlorian's. It was on the syllabus for the next day...but Luke took off.
    Heh. It wasn't so much Jedi Training as it was a weekend seminar...

Well I'm sure there are different types of force training. It appeared that Luke was good with the physical training part, and he might have just passed that. *shrugs* once again, I'm just thinking up stuff here.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Originally posted by Starfig873
    Well I'm sure there are different types of force training. It appeared that Luke was good with the physical training part, and he might have just passed that. *shrugs* once again, I'm just thinking up stuff here.

Hmm, maybe you're right. They neglected to show us the classroom portion and subsequent long essay and comprehension exam. We didn't see "shop" where he would've learned how to build a lightsaber or Biology, where we all would have heard about the Midi's. But of course, I've brought that up before. Sorry.

There was actually more training footage on Dagobah that got cut/never filmed. There was a scene where Yoda threw up a metal bar and told Luke to cut into pieces before it the ground. And there was a scene where Luke is up against the training spheres like he was in the hold on the Falcon in ANH. But either G. Lu or Kershner said "Okay. He's training. We get it." and dropped a bunch of them in order to move the story along.

Nothing about Midis, though.

Well, not in ESB. but here's the original cut from ANH...

Han: Well you can forget about those imperial slugs. I told you I'd outrun 'em. (pause) Don't everybody thank me at onc...HEY! (looks at console) Who left my Midichlorian counter turned on??!

Ben: Sorry. I was just checking the boy's Midi count.

Luke: A whatty count?

Ben: Never mind. It was already explained to your father thirty two years ago. Doing so now would be redundant.

Luke:

Han: Yeah, but the "big guy" has a thing for recurring themes. I wouldn't be suprised if the kid here loses a limb at some point in the future.

Luke:

Ben: Or perhaps you are a clone of a famous Bounty Hunter.

Han: Let's not go there...

Luke: WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?!?

Ben: Never mind. Here put this blast helmet on...

Getting off subject, but it's sad when Yoda dies, and Luke see's the light go out in his Hut.

Brings a tear to my eye everytime.

I feel sorry for Yoda that he had to live & die in that slimey mudhole.