Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy nothing much to say of late...........

at 1st i thought it was only me, but after about a week of very little posting here in the micro machines section from anyone, it's become painfully clear that any discussions revolving around mm's or any of the other former galoob lines is getting harder and harder.

hasbro seems to think that by giving the line a rest, renewed interest will spring forth like hope upon their return, unfortunately, we've been forced to wait more than a full set of seasons turn on the clock, and now the very core of mm's die hard aficionados are starting our slow spiral into not really caring any more.

while all other lines get sneak previews, and confirmed product sightings of new and exciting vehicles, we here at the bottom of the food change only have re-treaded action fleet vehicles to look forward to

i ain't giving up my love for the micro machines line, even if not a single toy is ever made again, i will always enjoy, and cherish my collection of wonderful galoob made toys.

i just don't understand hasbro's insistance on not making micro machines anymore. they are inexpensive fun toys, that kids and collectors can amass tons of without spending too much moolah.

i have to believe that hasbro is not ignorant of the fact that after market prices for most of the lines are astronomical, and that interest in the line remains high due to this demand along with the dwindling supply.

me? all i want to do is get excited about new toys, and once again enjoy the days of the hunt, in searching these jewels down, and experiencing once again the excitiment of opening up a brand new micro machines toy.

spending hours playing and examining them.

enjoying the moment of discovery of some fantastic small minute detail which shouldn't have been included on a toy this small, yet there it is. :happy:

wishful thinking
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Well, according to the Walmart computer they're supposed to be getting the Action Fleet Gunship, Starfighter and Dooku's solar sailer as well as the rehashed three. Mind you if they were hidden away at the toy fair only for the bigger buyers then who knows what sales will be like. Probably have to buy mail order again like the 2nd wave episode 1 ships. Also seems there'll be no AMT/Ertl plastic kits this time due to poor ep 1 sales and change of company ownership.

Wonder what happened to all the Galoob people. Are they doing anything these days or just sitting on all their money from Hasbro? Perhaps they could set up another company if they're getting bored and start producing something similar to MMs and AF all over again.

Yorkie.

Arrow as fer the episode II (aotc) action fleet ships

i've read those same listings, and heard the rumours as well, unfortunately i heard and read the same stuff regarding bools rohr, and neva kee's pod races too

as of right now, hasbro has only committed to in public, the re-release of the x-wing, falcon, and vaders tie, if they are indeed making af vehicles for aotc vehicles, why are they remaining mum about this

just think, if they wold at least confirm that new vehicles are indeed in the works, the excitement would be genuine, as opposed to this "won't get fooled again" attitude that we all seem to have.

i absolutely loved galoob as a toy company! they're web site and buzz board were awsome, and they really gave the impression that they cared for their customers, listened to specific requests, and strived to provide the highest quality, and not terribly expensive toy around.

i get nothing from hasbro, just a chill down my spine, gut wrenching feeling that they are nothing but a cold, stark, bean counting, faceless, uncaring, corporate machine.

i never felt that way with galoob.

excuse me whilst i go sulk in the corner.........whimper whimper whimper........................................... ...

Cool shucks, i ain't worried

as the recent tango-switchoff between swmm and stmm hopes demonstrated, the mm flame is eternal; it may occasionally go into eclipse but it never goes out
    vt
    np: vanessa daou, "waitin for the sun to rise"

I think that we will see AOTC AF's.

I also think that Art Asylum will deliver the goods for the Trekkers too - that NX-01 looks way cool - definately having one.

Cheers

Bc3

GSJ, your sentiments are heartfelt and shared, at least by me.
    If Hasbro truly does allow EP2 to drift past without releasing a single MM product, then I hope another company will step up and fill the void with an MM-scale offering of equal or better quality at a similar price. As you pointed out, the market is there for the taking. We just need an entrepreneur with the means and the desire to make it happen.

Here's my small contribution to keeping this forum active:
    Balance of Power for $8.49 (fifty-cent Paypal surcharge), seller gave free shipping.

I've always liked this piece, and I'm excited to have found one. Looking very forward to receiving it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	balopower.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	1067  
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Thumbs up great find on the balance of power swafguy!

i've had one on my nightstand at home for a couple of years now. a really nice display piece.

you got it for a great price too, i can't recall, but i believe i spent close to $20.00 when i ordered it from 1-800-galoob.

enjoy it!

If Action Products can make MM and AF style NASA hardware in their Space Voyagers line then perhaps there's hope for other MM and AF type stuff (non Star Wars) elsewhere. Or am I too optimistic here?

In the meantime I'll transfer my efforts and wait for my Polar Lights Seaview and Spindrift.

Yorkie.

Already received the Balance of Power piece in today's mail from Northern Illinois! The outer box's tape was open, but the inner plastic wrap is still intact, so I am able to look at it. Really beautiful. I don't have many MMs, but when I saw the X-wing, I thought it looked sorta big. I remembered there were two x-wings in the flight controllers w/ death star trench, and sure enough, the TIE fighter is the same size as the ones packaged w/ the filght controllers, but the x-wing is notably larger. Closer exam revealed this was probably due to the need to build in an adjustable balancing weight. Very cool. And the detail on this x-wing is also better, in my opinion.

GSJ, et al, was this a Fan Club item, or what? The instructions start with a comment like "thank you for buying the Balance of Power..." so I was confused whether this was a retail item or a give-away, or both. The box is just plain vanilla-white, so it looks like a promo item.
    Last edited by SWAFMAN; 03-23-2002 at 02:08 AM.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

BoP was sold exclusively by Galoob direct, and while I don't own one, it appears from the pics I've seen that the TIE fighter is an MM and the X-wing is a painted x-ray, the idea being that it's a further away attack using scale (which is why the lasers aren't straight out, as well). Congrats on the get, a very awesome and rare piece!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.