Droid Factory Build-a-Figures

I really like the idea of these, and think it's a great way to get some astromechs. That you included some R7 series droids is far more awesomeness than I expected.

I'm including a link below to a picture of some of the astromechs from this line. Was there no way to attach the legs without the gap between the body and the legs? I'm no toy expert, so I'm willing to believe I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like it would have been any more difficult to attach those without the gap than with. I'm hoping these are prototypes or that you otherwise suddenly realized there was a big gap there for no reason and decided it warranted a fix.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...hp?photo=26240

It just seems like there is such an easy fix preventing these from being much greater.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I think this is a great idea as well, i just wish they done things a little different with the way the line was set up. First them doing never before done Droids is a mixed blessing. I'd loved to have seen 8D8 Resculpted and made in one of these, just to name one of the many droids from the POTF2 days's that needed a upgrade.

OVerall though getting C3P-X and maybe HK-47 could mean a lot of really great things from this concept.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

If you're reading this, please slap some paint and a backpack on C-3PX before they go into production. Thanks.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm not familiar with C-3PX, but that sounds way too simple for you guys not to fix, so that's certainly something it would be great to see you work on, thank you.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I hope they add a little more to him as well. At least a few weapons.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

The gap is accurate, and I'd congratulate Hasbro for finally getting this right, but they actually took it too far by about double, gaging from these photos. The lack of the "hip ring" on R2-D2's hips is one of the last things holding the modern astromech design back.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd hope this figure at least has the rifle he used in the comics, and a few more added bonuses in there somewhere. The back pack is a must and the little touches of paint apps sure wouldn't hurt by looking at the photos. I just wish they would have done something a little different than Wal-Mart repack Two packs to get this figure out...

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!