Sign the treaty?

Okay, the obvious answer that this question will receive is probably "because there is no plot" or it is "bad writing", but can anyone help me understand why Darth Sidious wants the treaty between the Trade Federation & Queen Amidala signed? What would signing a treaty accomplish? How would his plan to oust Valorum and take over as Chancellor be advanced if this happened. Amidala would never have arrived on Coruscant and called for the vote of no confidence...then why is he surprised that Amidala is coordinating a battle against the Trade Federation..."she is more foolish than I thought."....he knew she was going back to take back the planet??? Help me...what is Sidious trying to accomplish with this treaty thing??????

I think (I could be wrong) it was because Sidious already knew what was going to happen. He needed the Trade Federation to have a motive to move in on Naboo (because this goes into the discussion about Palpatine and Sidious. I happen to think that they're the same person) so he could be elected as Chancellor, but he knew that it would get no further than it did.

THIS REPLY HAS SPOILERS IN IT SPOILER WARNINGSPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGSPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYes SPOILER WARNINGYe Yes Lman316 your right, plus I believe (and I could be mistaking) that Sidious, Who I also think is palpatine, wanted the treaty signed because he wanted the Naboo to feel that this war was real, he didn't want them catchign onto the plan that Sidious happens to be palpatine. And he knew they wouldn't sign the treaty, he just wanted the whole event to be more real to them, plus I believe he wanted the queen to fly down to corusant to meet him so that she and him could discuss plans so he could know how to better defeat the Naboo with his clone army(when the time came that he would turn them on the republic) and so that he could have the queen back him up when he is voted for chancelor. I don't know if this is right. Episode I is the most confusing movie of the saga to me right now, but I still like it. Which is also why I have a question, Is the Naboo the Republic, which ends up turning into the empire when Palpatine turns the clones on them? Just wondering.
    It is not the size of your collection... it is how you use it

Sidious knew all along what would happen. Remember, the emporer has the uncanny ability to see the future, and far better than Yoda can hope to. He feigned the treaty notions just so that he would look like he's doing something. He knew all along what the outcome of the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo would be.

Palpatine is a smart man, who had to have a "plan B". Since nobody knows about Papatine's duel idenity. "Darth Sideous could have been behind the signing of the treaty. If he did suceed in getting the treaty signed, "Senator Palpatine" could of intervined on behalf of the Naboo. With the intervention, I think, he could just as easily manipulate Chancelor Valorem out of office.