Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb An idea for how to do EU

It boils down to this: (for the most part) EU fans want EU figures, and EU non-fans don't want them in the POTJ line. The best way to handle such figures might not be in a separate line, though, but in special waves devoted entirely to EU. These would consist of four or five figures (like the regular waves) from one given book, comic, game, or theme. These could be interspersed in the "regular" waves at a rate of one or two per year and, since they'd be POTJ figures, could be mixed into future assortments of existing characters, if desired. When photos of a character are available, Force Files should include them. Vehicles could be occasionally released as well. Also, since there'd be more than just two or three characters (as with the previous EU line), they'd be easier to display (or play with).

Here's a few waves I can think of:
    Zahn Trilogy
    Talon Karrde
    Jorrus C'Baoth
    Khabarakh/Rukh two-pack
    Gilad Pellaeon
    Borsk Fey'la

Young Jedi Knights/New Jedi Order (so named because the figures can apply to either)
    Jacen Solo
    Jaina Solo
    Lowbacca
    Tionne
    Anakin Solo/Tahiri two-pack

Rogue Squadron
    Wedge Antilles (dress uniform)
    Nawara Ven
    Ooryl Qyrrg
    Ysanne Isard
    X-Wing Fighter w/ Green CorSec Markings and Corran Horn in flight suit

Ewoks Adventures
    Cindel Towani/Teek two-pack
    Noa
    Marauder
    King Terak
    Charal

Holiday Special
    Chewbacca's Family Cinema Scene (Lumpy, Itchy, Malla)

Thoughts, comments, other potential waves?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Holiday YUCK!!!!

Please no holiday stuff !!!!!!

Thumbs up

Hey.... I am all for the WOOKIE FAMILY I would love to see a cinema scene with Mala, Lumpy, and Itchy.

Here is some more.

Crimson Empire

Kir Kanos
    Carnor Jax
    Death Trooper
    Sish Sadeet

Tales of the Jedi

Nomi Sunrider
    Vima Sunrider
    Ulic-Quel Droma
    Exar Kun
    Master Vido Siossk Baas
    Freddom Nadd
    Tott Donneeta
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Thumbs up Sorry,

Shadows of the Empire (please finsih the line)

Jodo Kast
    Leebo
    Guri
    Spero

It's not officially Shadows of the Empire, but a second line based on that story would be a perfect excuse for a Mara Jade as Arica figure!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Though I personally have no use for the Expanded Universe, I still recognize the appeal to fans of the comics, books and television specials. I'm something of a purist having been around when the closest thing to EU in the Star Wars Universe was "Splinter of the Mind's Eye", you know, the novel stupid people swore blind was going to be the sequel to Star Wars (it wasn't "A New Hope" yet back then. It wouldn't be the sequel because it lacked both Han and Chewie). Anyway, I concur with the concept of an independant line for these characters. Much like Shadows of the Empire or the previous EU line. Simply call it Star Wars: The Expanded Universe and give fans a mix of characters from comics, novels, and television with each assortment instead of concentrating on a single source with each assortment. That would be the strength and staying power of such a line.

New Jedi Order

Yuuzhan Vong warrior
    Kyp Durron
    Corran Horn Jedi Knight
    Jaina Solo: Rogue Squadron

The idea of an EU line separate from POTJ would hurt both lines, as stores would order less of POTJ to buy the EU, which would lead to Hasbro being forced to produce full waves of figures instead of releasing them when they're ready. Also, if there was a separate EU line, it's cases wouldn't replenish the POTJ figures, who would sell out more since stores would be buying less POTJ cases. With EU mixed into POTJ, if an EU figure isn't selling as well, but there's still some demand for it, it can be shipped in further waves like Chux points out, but with an EU case, it'd continue to ship and ship until it became a pegwarmer.

I think the figures should be released as soon as possible, don't wait for the designers to make companion figures, they may take 3 or 4 more months for that, get the toys out there now and let the buyers show Hasbro what's popular.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would really like EU figures and make them easier to get a hold of without paying 20,30,50$ for . That ****es me off!

Thumbs up

Well, I think that a few EU figures thrown into POTJ cases every once and a while would not be a bad thing. They could have their own cards, but ship in the same assortments.