Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Trouble with droid names?

I sure am. R2-D2, easy. C-3PO, again, easy. 4-LOM, IG-88, getting a little more complicated, but still easy to remember due to repetition. Now throw in R5-D4, 8-D8, EV-9D9, 21-B, FX-7, and my eyes start to swim. I can obviously remember them (save where the hyphen goes), but it takes effort. Okay, so now we're starting to get even more droids with Ep. I, POTJ, and now Ep. II. I can't for the life of me remember any of these droids names. There's the silver C-3PO that starts with a 'T', the blue and yellow R-whatever droid with a 'B' in the name, the black droid with a 'Q' in the name, and now the clear-domed and pyramidal-domed droids in the latest POTJ waves, which I can't even take a stab at naming. I even read that that red droid that came with the Queen's ship has a name. Ach! I know it's not a memory problem, since I can quite easily remember that Ponda Baba is Walrus Man, and Momaw Nadon is Hammerhead, among others. Is there such a thing as number dyslexia? Or is this just a big, cruel joke perpetrated by Hasbro and Lucasfilm to drive the older (more senile) collectors bonkers? Why not names like "Gonk Droid" or "Death Star Droid?" Much, much easier to remember.

Or maybe it's just me, since I can never seem to get the name of that cleaning product they sell in the states; 206, 305, 209, or something like it. I know it's got a zero in the middle.
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

Formula 409

Then of course, Kelloggs has the cereal Product 19
    There's Pier 1 Imports
    Big 5 Sporting Goods
    Phillips 66

Docking Bay 327
    THX-1138
    3720 -1
    Docking Bay 94
    17,000?!?
    Red 5
    TK-421
    OOM-9
    TC-14
    R2-B1
    R2-R9
    R2-A6
    R3-T7
    R2-Q3
    R4-M9
    R5-D4
    U-3PO
    R-3PO
    K-3PO
    R4-P17

10,000 Maniacs
    101 Dalmations
    102 Dalmations
    10 things I hate about you
    "10" by Pearl Jam
    99 bottles of beer on the wall
    3 Musketeers
    100 Grand
    20/20
    7 up
    "15 Minutes" starring Robert Deniro
    "The 13th Warrior" starring Antonio Banderas
    San Francisco 49ers
    Philadephia 76ers
    route 66
    5th avenue

Ok I will stop now
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Yes, there is a numerical version of dyslexia, my dad has it.

As for the droids' numbers, I remember most of them after a while, but it takes a little repetition (just viewing the carded figures over and over) and it doesn't hurt to have a listing of some sort around, even if you just make it up in a TXT file in your computer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Jango don't forget that AWESOME 80's song:

99 Luft Balloons

German bands rock!

Too bad "Der Komissar" doesn't have a number in it.

Uh Oh!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

RU-OK?

It does get a little confusing to remember who's who after a while.

What is the name of the red astrodroid that comes with the Royal Starship anyways?
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

The Mandalorian Battle Droid 303A-FE77...

The little red droid is R2-R9. Don't ask me who came up with that one, but it's become the accepted title.

303A-FE77?
    Yeah, right. Like I'll ever be able to remember that!

I also remember that the names for C-3PO and R2-D2 were changed on old foreign release cards to totally different names...like I5P6 and J6B8 or something (you know I can't remember). Sound like Bingo numbers to me.

Apparently some of you don't have any of the trouble with these names that I do...show-offs!
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

haHA!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!