Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

TRU Vinatge Clearance !

I can remember being very young, and being at a TRU well after ROTJ was released... they had a ton of now vintage figures on clearance for .98 cents... My parents bought me the Rancor for $2.00 and Bib Fortuna for .98 cents... I was really into the Jabba Palace stuff at the time.

I remember seeing the Luke Stormtrooper, and a few others...
    but .98 CENTS !! and we only walked out with two items??
    I wish I knew then what I know now.

Does anyone else remember any sales like this... or have any vintage toy stories??
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

While a friend of mine was loading up on POTF figures for about a dollar a piece (Barada, A-Wing Pilot, Imperial Dignitary come to mind) I was . . . not . . . getting them

Thanks for resurrecting such painful memories.

Exclamation

Here's why I am going to heaven for not being greedy, but will be going insane for my actions. I never actually saw figures in the stores for such low prices (in fact, I saw several POTF figures, but they were an OUTRAGEOUS $4.99-5.99 each!!), but I did see many ads for $.99 clearances. You know why I didn't buy any from those stores? Well, I already had the figures (the figures were non-POTF ones from the photos), and WHY WOULD I WANT MORE THAN ONE OF A STAR WARS FIGURE?

To quote a famous line from the past here at SSG: "stupid."
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I remember K-B's 2 for $1.00. For some odd reason I only got two figures at that time. Oh well.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I just picked up a boxed vintage shuttle (oh yeahhhhh)... the TRU mark-down price tag is $14.98!!!

if we knew then what we know now....
    A death mark is not an easy thing to live with.

They were not on sale but I remember getting Luke in Endor gear and Han in Cabonite at a TRU many moons ago, when they first came out. They also had a ton of other POTF figures like Amanaman and Luke Stormtooper. That was the only time I saw the POTF!
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Ahh, old memories. I reall get dissapionted every time I look at my old opened Boba Fett and a later version that I kept in the package.

Thumbs up

Yes, I still remember the day I got the Imperial Shuttle and AT-AT for a buck each. Mini-rigs were at 25c which at the time I wasn't into collecting SW yet. My sons were more into GI Joe and I persuaded them to use the vehicles instead. They never did play them that much because GI Joe didn't go to space was their reasoning.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Originally posted by ACPin
    Yes, I still remember the day I got the Imperial Shuttle and AT-AT for a buck each. Mini-rigs were at 25c which at the time I wasn't into collecting SW yet. My sons were more into GI Joe and I persuaded them to use the vehicles instead. They never did play them that much because GI Joe didn't go to space was their reasoning.
    Ha ha ha, AC. Very funny. Getting vintage stuff for such cheap prices.

Really? That is AWESOME! Lucky you. It deserves a double arr!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

No joke, this is all true and aside from that I remember getting other toys like the big transformers, gobots and all for a buck each while smaller items were going for just a quarter or so. My kids labeled the clearance aisle as the buck or less aisle.

If only I knew then what I know now, I could have made a killing on a lot of the stuff.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster