Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclusives: Love 'em or Leave 'em

I know some of you have expressed your dislike of store exclusives. Looks like things won't get any better in the year to come. Check out these courtesy of Rebelscum.com:

Rebel Spy: Exclusively Yours
    Mike: Besides all the cool toys we can expect for Episode II: Attack of the Clones, some nice retailer exclusives are also on tap for 2002. Here's a preliminary list from some of our trusted sources:

Toys R Us
    32510 12" Episode II Mace Windu
    Figure Gift Pack
    R2-D2 (unknown at this time whether it is a 4" or 12" figure)
    32512 25th Aniversary X-Wing Fighter with R2-D2
    32511 25th Anniversary Landspeeder with Luke Skywalker

WalMart
    32539 Cantina Alien Scene Assortment

32541 Kitik Keed'kak with Section A
    32542 Greedo with Section B
    32543 Ponda Baba with Section C
    32544 Momaw Nadon with Section C

12" Max Rebo Band (October)

26486 Max Rebo and Organ
    26487 Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool

Target
    Figure and Accessory Sets

32533 Death Star Set with Trooper
    32534 Jedi Arena Set with Battle Droid
    32537 Hoth Invasion with Rebel Soldier
    32538 Endor Patrol Set with Scout Trooper

A-Wing Fighter
    Action Fleet (unknown which vehicles at this time)

Fan Club

26787 12" Plo Koon
    32518 12" Ki-Adi Mundi
    32519 Stormtrooper Troop Builder 4 Pack
    Holiday Gift Set

*We've heard that the 12" Jedis will come with their own Jedi Council chair.

FAO Schwarz

32487 Shuttle Tyderium (September)

Kaybee

12" Clonetroopers (Red, Yellow, and Green)

K-Mart

Episode II Slave I with Jango Fett
    Episode II Jedi Starfighter with Obi-Wan Kenobi

*Due to the K-Mart's recent restucturing, we've been told that these vehicles, which are the same as the regular issues but with figure pack-ins, may be picked up by Kaybee.

Celebration II

32528 X-Wing Pilot with Micromachine X-Wing Fighter (No, it's not Luke...)

Of course, this listing could drastically change given the usual circumstances surrounding advance lists and exclusives, so the usual caveat emptor applies and none of these have yet been officially confirmed. Also check out Adam May's Trade Federation for some more news regarding upcoming 2002 releases.We'll make sure to update you as we confirm and learn more!
    Last edited by Casual George; 03-22-2002 at 10:28 PM.
    Casual George

EXCLUSIVESSUCK.

I never got the Skiff or the Y-Wing. If I hadn't been on-line for a six hour window, I wouldn't have gotten a TIE Interceptor or Endor Vehicle asst. I never saw either of those in the store. By the grace of god, I found two B-Wings once, but that was the only time. FAO Schwarz? yeah. Let me run down to my local Davenport, IA FAO store. ooops. It's not there.

You guys see a list of cool new vehicles and figures? I see headaches and holes in my collection.

Screw you and your exclusives, Hasbro.

They have their ups and downs, I will say that i love them.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

My head hurts just looking at that list.The troop builder sets are Target exclusives.Man oh man.I need to go lay down.Bad bad
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Exclusives don't bother me, for you see I live across the street from a mall that has FAO, KB, Target, and a Fan Club retail outlet. Whenever Hasbro releases exclusives, I just go across the street and put them all in one cart and BOOM collection complete. I'm almost bored with it really. Sometimes I have to hold off on them for a while, just to get me hyped up. What a magical place I live in.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Maybe I need to move.
    Do you need a roommate Bosskman?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Originally posted by Bosskman
    Exclusives don't bother me, for you see I live across the street from a mall that has FAO, KB, Target,
    There aren't any of those stores in Canada...

Gotta go with IcebergSlim here.

Exclusives especially suck for those of us in outside the U.S.
    Our situation is worse, in the U.S. you at least have a chance of seeing this stuff.
    Our only chance is to go to the states or get gouged on e-bay.

So I gotta go with Rollo here too...

EXCLUSIVESSUCK!
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Exclusives aren't that bad, if they make plenty for everyone. See, there is a Target, Wal-Mart, and KB almost everywhere in the US. You might not have one in your town, but you probally know where one is and can drive there. It does such for the Canadians, and other out of Country fans, but that's the breaks. FAO is another story. I think there are only about 50 of these in the world. Plus, most of them are in the big cities. Like NY, LA, and Chi. So that cuts most of the county out. Remember the Fambaa was an FAO exclusive. Some people may still not have that, but I know that FOA.com had this on thier site for the longest time. Chances are the Shuttle will be outragously priced, so we won't have to worry about them flying off the shelves. I mean a scalper can't afford to buy 6 of these at about $100.00 each (can they?). Anyway, for us Americans exclusives shouldn't be that much of a headach. Just go shop and thou shall find.

Happy hunting everyone. It's going to be on hell of a year, and a wild ride

I do see your point Icatch.

It is a fact of life and I do enjoy the hunting for stuff.

It just frustrates me sometimes because it seems all of the stuff I really want I can't find and when I do it's too expensive.

So for now and in the future please pardon my ranting and raving, I'll try to keep it to a minimum
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!