Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indy Jones?

Indy Jones?

I havent been keep up with much news outside of SW,but is
    Indiana Jones going to be re-released?It would be nice to
    see it digitally remastered and back on the big screen
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I doubt them being released on the big screen, that would be quite cool though. I'd settle for a very Special Edition DVD set.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

A special DVD would be even better,then you could watch it whenever you wished as long as a DVD player was at hand.

Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Spielberg's new no-guns policy means he would remove the famous Indy shoots the sword-wielding Arab scene. Does anyone really want to see that at home?

Noooo!

I watched Indiana Jones this week on AMC.Just about everything was it in(from what I saw),so AMC didnt have to edit too much.

I didnt know SteveS had a No Guns policy now.Thats not a reason to take away good scenes from previous movies though.

Nah, I'm sure he would keep them in the Indy movie, the reasons of the no guns editing in E.T. is he doesn't want to show off the FBI has people who chase kids with guns.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Thumbs up

If AMC has a movie on, it must be one of the Idianan Jones ones! My goodness! Every time I happened to click the channel over to that station, Indy was cutting the rope bridge. I was preparing to meet Kali... in [****]. But at least they were films I love, not some crap artsy cinema like Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, From Here to Eternity, or Annie Hall!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

My favorite Indy Jones scene is from Temple of Doom when he rescues Willy and she says 'Let's get out of here." and he says 'Right. All of us.' Then they start playing that kickass Temple of Doom Music and he's standing in shadow where that bad guy is beating the kid and the light slowly comes up on him. Then they reverse angles and you the one-two "meatslab" punches and the bad guy sails through the air. Awesome.

Speilberg is busting out E.T. on DVD and the Back to the Future Trilogy this Holiday season and Lucas is tossing us AOTC DVD, so my guess is they won't throw out so many big guns right next to each other. Indy won't come out 'til next summer or next Christmas. But they are working on it now, because G. Lu asked if Steve wanted to do a commentary track and Steve declined. But, maybe we'll get one from producer/story writer George? Or Harrison? As long as they take their time and do it nice like the TPM discs, I can wait.

I'd rather the commentary be by Harrison cause c'mon, who would you rather have do the commentary? The guy behind the camera, or the guy who stapled a fedora to his head for a scene?

Stapled???

I thought they used high-grade double stick tape that ripped some of his hair and skin off!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**