Thread: Boonta Eve

Boonta Eve

One thing that I have never understood about The Phantom Menace, but never really thought to ask was, what is Boonta Eve, is it a place, is it a day, or is it the name of the race organisation?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Boonta Eve is the day before Boonta. Silly.

What's Boonta? Why it's the day after Boonta Eve.:happy:

Arrow

Crava Boonta was one of first colonists to arrive on Tatooine. He is credited with domesticating rontos and dewbacks (even naming the latter creature), as well as deciphering some of the Jawa dialects. It was his technique for drawing moisture from the infrequent clouds on the planet that allowed his fellow colonists to exist. Unfortunately, he was also one of the first humans to be kiled by a Sand People clan, when he unknowingly crossed into sacred lands while trying to catch a lost bantha. If you have the Widescreen version of the Special Edition of ANH, you can see a small statue of him as Luke's landspeeder enters Mos Eisley and scatters the little creatures.

Nah. Just pulling your leg. Boonta is exactly what Rollo said.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I always thought Boonta Eve was the name of the actual track that the race was on. I could be wrong, but that's what I've always thought it was. Never really thought about it to be honest.
    If you can't get an answer in here, why not try asking the LucasFilm Jedi Council on starwars.com...on second thoughts you'd get a better answer in here.

PENDO!

Teh "official" Ask The Jedi Council Response from StarWars.com

Q: So what is Boonta eve? Is it a holiday? the racetrack? Somebody famous? What's the story behind that?

A: That is an excellent question! The official response is blow it out your ear. We know exactly who and what Boonta eve is about, but we can't tell you because all will be revealed...all will be revealed. Instead, buy the new Spec. Ed Ewok adventure movies coming soon to DVD!!

Re: Teh "official" Ask The Jedi Council Response from StarWars.com

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Q: So what is Boonta eve? Is it a holiday? the racetrack? Somebody famous? What's the story behind that?

A: That is an excellent question! The official response is blow it out your ear. We know exactly who and what Boonta eve is about, but we can't tell you because all will be revealed...all will be revealed. Instead, buy the new Spec. Ed Ewok adventure movies coming soon to DVD!!
    Is that a serious response? Terrible.

This is my 1900th post!

No. I was on a rant. But you often find answers similar to that at StarWars.com...

I was just thinking. Boonta sounds like a Hutt name. Boonta the Hutt? perhaps Jabba's great grandhutt started the race as a way to attract settlers and what not many, many moons ago. And they honored him (or he honored himself) by naming the race and the day after him.

Just a thought.

Lightbulb

It just came to me! Eve! Like the first woman. Boonta Eve is Anakin's father! That's why "there was no father;" he was a CROSS-DRESSER! And he was a great pod racer, too.

Sigh... it's so hard being so right...

Or, is Boonta Eve an anagram of something? Let's see:

VOTE A BONE
    VANE BOOTE
    OBOE A VENT
    TABOO NEVE

Uh...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

All kidding aside, I've always assumed Boonta Eve was the day before some kind of holiday celebrated on Tattooine (and maybe other planets in the Star Wars galaxy), and that one of the major events in the Pod Racing circuit is always held on this day to commemorate the event. Now what is Boonta (Day?) and how is it celebrated? We'll probably never known unless some writer picks up on it in the expanded universe and decides to make up the details.