What Colour Is Jabba?

I've noticed In Return Of The Jedi and The Phantom Menace Jabba The Hutt is green, but in the Special Edition of A New Hope he is grey, and also on the Power Of The Force figure he is also grey, so what is it green or grey?

Does it matter? Can't we all just....get along?

Question

Uh, stillakid, Jek Porky said what "colour" is Jabba. Colour is French for "hue" or something, I believe. It has nothing to do with race.

Hee hee...

By the way, Lucasfilm released this statement:

Jabba the Hut is an amazing creature that can change colours at will. In the first film, Return of the Beef Jerky, Jabba was beige-olive, while in The Fans're Dumb Menaces, he (or she!) was battle-gray.
    Or something, I believe.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Jabba is green, but in ANH, you can see the Empire's new presence has made things difficult for criminals on Tatooine and Jabba has been forced to do much more of his own dirty work, which causes him to lose some weight and get a tan - which for Hutts, causes them to turn gray.

Ok, I made that all up, but it's not impossible.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Exclamation The colour of my slug...

Okay... As far as I can tell, Jabba is supposed to be a dark olive green with brownish-yellow highlights on his underbelly and face. His eyes are supposed to be orange. Sadly Uncle George seems to have forgotten this in ANH... along with the fact that Jabba's head comes to a bit of a peak and is not quite so rounded like in ANH.

My reference version will always be the ROTJ version of Jabba since that was the film for which he was created. Oh, and the vintage ROTJ figure is a dead-on likeness and will support the colour scheme from the film.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

When you think about it, the one in A New Hope just isn't Jabba is it. The Return Of The Jedi Jabba is alot more textured with worts and crooked, uneven features. Weras the A New Hop one is almost smooth.

Absolutely...

The ROTJ on has so much more character. While initially cool, the ANH Jabba is a little too "trash bag" or "bin liner" looking. The one in TPM is even a definite improvement over the ANH Jabba. That one seems to have a little more of the texturing and colouring of the original Jabba.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I agree. Give me the puppet version of Jabba any day over this horrible CGI version. He looks horrible. The coloring is horrible, the texturing, even the voice is different. It's not like GL couldn't have superimposed the ROTJ Jabba over the footage in ANH. Even puppeteering has come a long way in the past 13 years between the releases that it would have been possible to have a good looking version of Jabba that actually impresses fans. ROTJ Jabba all the way.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."