Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Childhood favorites

What were your favorite chidhood movies and TV shows? For me it was Thomas the Tank Engine and Sesame Stree (which I still love) and when I got a little older I was into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman, and the X-Men (which I also still love). I wasn't into Star Wars until I was like 8 or 9.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Post Lists AND nostalgia? Wow!

-Sesame Street. No brainer. If you've never watched it, you are at a loss.

-That's Cat. It was an awful show, but I can't forget it. "Can you find ME in this picture?"

-Captain Kangeroo. Kinda like the next one...

-Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. He had the COOLEST stuff! And he's from Pittsburgh, PA.

-The Great Space Coaster. One of the several Kroft Adventures series that were great.

-Land of the Lost. I was the BEST at the Sleestak (sp?) breathing sound! Chaka ruled!

Movies? Hmm, didn't see too many movies until I was maybe 5 or so.
    -Star Wars, of course.

-The Black Hole. Robots, lasers, Ernest Borgnine...

-Airplane! One of the few rated "R" movies I was allowed to see (minus the "bad" parts, though).

-Smokey and the Bandit. Burt Reynolds was the man back then.

Sigh...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I always enjoyed looking at the bison and hunting scenes painted on the living room cave walls.......
    Que la fuerza te acompae!

Exclamation

I was raised on a steady diet of Sesame Street, Romper Room, Fraggle Rock, Thundercats, Silverhawks, Voltron plus a few gameshows here and there, Press Your Luck (which a new version will premier on Game Show Network, simply titled Whammy, starting April 15th) and Hollywood Squares with Jon Davidson and of course TPIR.

For some strange reason my mom would put the 700 Club with Pat Robertson when I was 5 or 6. When I later asked her why she put me through that torture she said I wanted my sons to grow up as good men. Well while that might have worked I am glad I didn't grow up to be a Bible-Thumper or worse, Ned Flanders (not that Ned is a horrible person or anything).
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Yeah...

Sesame Street

Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood

THE ELECTRIC COMPANY!!!!

Schoolhouse Rock shorts

Reruns of old black and white sitcoms after school between 2:30 and 4:00pm.
    (Munsters, Addams Family, Patty Duke, Leave it to Beaver, I Love Lucy...)
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

TV

Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, Fraggle Rock, Thundercats, G.I.Joe, Transformers, He-Man, Silverhawks, Voltron

Movies

Black Hole, Star Wars Trilogy, Indiana Jones Trilogy
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Childhood? Childhood? What's one of those? I don't think I've ever had one!!!

PENDO!

Star Wars
    Sesame Street
    He-Man
    Rocky movies
    Voltron (lions, not vehicles )
    GI Joe
    Star Wars
    Star Wars
    Star Wars
    Star Wars
    Star Wars
    Star Wars
    Star Wars
    Rambo movies
    Simpsons (I was around 11 when it started)
    Trek TNG
    Star Wars
    Star Wars

Since I'm an old man now (31) heh.. I get to go way back into the mid 70s (cue harp music and wavy ripple effect) I have fond memories of a 3 hour block of TV on Sunday mornings which included classic Star Trek, Space:1999, and The Rookies. Hey, it was cool back in the day.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Hoo boy!
    TV:
    Captain Kangaroo
    Fraggle Rock
    Roundhouse
    Teddy Ruxpen
    Hey Dude

Movies: