Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago......

Yeah I was thinking about it. I think we need to be more vigilant in looking out for others when we find the Snowspeeders and TIE Bombers. I will post on here ASAP when i find them, and may try to pick up the ones I see. BUT...let me be real honest on this, I will NOT be selling them for more than I paid. I think those of us who post on here are pretty good about not scalping, and helping each other out. At least I think so...so maybe we could pull together a once-a-month 'swap meet' where if we find stuff and have extras we could post it, then let each other know what we have/need and get together someplace and trade, swap stories...etc> If anytone thinks this is a good idea, let me know. With the nicer weather on the way maybe we could meet at a park and see. Remember, it isn't WHAT you know, it's WHO you know!

Now that's a good idea! If everyone was fare about it, either a figure for a figure, or nothing sold over retail, I think we'd all benefit.

Let me know what everyone is missing, and I'll keep an eye out for it.

I'm currently missing the Taun We, Luminara, Royal Guard, and Dooku.

Also, I heard the Dooku was found at some KB's, but I don't remember which ones.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Great idea Skkywalker. And in the imortal words of Luke Skywalker "I'm with ya too!" We can figure out some detail later, when more people are down with it. Lets hope we can form an alliance that can help everyone out.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Found 4 Snowspeeders & 4 Tie Bombers at Bloomingdale WM.
    Took 1 of each.Look on upper shelf.Hurry!!!

Originally posted by skyywalkerr
    I think those of us who post on here are pretty good about not scalping, and helping each other out. Remember, it isn't WHAT you know, it's WHO you know!
    Maybe you could offer to help Flembar out with Jorge Sacul, since you said you would be at Celebration II and you want to "help out". He posted about three up from the post I'm quoting. Can't anyone hear this guy? C'mon, you're allowed SIX figures and you're only an hour and a half away!

Your pal,

Deanpaul

Deanpaul...where did you read we are able to get SIX figures? Everything I have read states two figures per guest. And for the record, YES, I am more than happy to help out. If I can get more than my twofigures, so be it!
    "I'm drinkin a soy latte, I get a double shot-ay, it goes into my bod-ay and you know I'm satisfied!"

It might have been at rebelscum.com or theforce.net... The rule is two figures per attendee per day... the event is three days long, thus six figures per person. This was a direct from the source response to the site admin... Not some speculative thread. Depending on the length of line each day the question may become "How long do I want to wait in a stinking line at a great convention"?

Sorry if my post sounded at all harsh - I reread it just now and that certainly wasn't my intent, thanks for understanding what I was trying to say. I lived in Lincoln Park from 90-92, really loved Chicago then and now. I'm in Salt Lake now, too far and too busy to make the Celebration - maybe next year. Thanks for letting me sit in on this thread.

Regards,

Deanpaul

EDIT: I meant "maybe next MOVIE"... That will be a party!

well, if that is trhe case, then I can certainly pick up extras...I hope it is, because now I have bveen inundated with email for one LOL! I will see what I can d guys, and hopefuly I will come home bearing figs!
    "I'm drinkin a soy latte, I get a double shot-ay, it goes into my bod-ay and you know I'm satisfied!"

My Wal-Mart in Forest Park got in another(?) case of the Bombers/Snowspeeders this morning. I would assume the others would as well. Good luck looking!!