Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Chicago......

if anyone needs anything u can give me a call 773-616-5186 but no calls after 10:00 pm m-f thanks Tony
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]CENSORED X 5[/FONT]CENSORED X 5

So, is this Federation Toys a store or what? I see on the websit it's a vertual store, wich tells me it's just a guy in his basement. That's cool, but I'd love to go to a store that has a ton of this stuff.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Jim from Federation Toys called me last night. He seems like a really nice guy who knows his stuff. He said they were working on getting a store-front, now they are just on the net. He said he would give me a call when he gets new stuff in and arrange to pick the stuff up! Seems like we could get decent prices, new stuff early, and not need to pay shipping! Sounds GREAT!!

Wal-Mart and TRU are getting stuff early now because Star Wars is hot. Give it a few months and the e-tailers (like JIM) will be getting the stuff first again.

Remember, retailers need to sell through their current stock before getting in those new figures for us to buy!!

In regards to the Target accessory packs, I too am on the fence...falling towards the don't want side. Seems like another opportunity Hasbro could have done better, but didn't.

The Hoth set is pretty much a loss-I could make that figure myself. It would have been nice to have least have a unique paint job.

The Endor set was a perfect opportunity to give us more clean Scout Troopers, but instead we get more dirty ones. The Ewok drum set is kind of cool, and the Ednor Soldier helmets will be good for custom Luke and Leia figures from Endor, but still not a slam dunk.

The Death Star set-another disappointment. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the DS Trooper still has the goofy leg pose. The white stormtrooper belt with a possibly usable holster is a definite plus though.

The Arena set-a perfect opportunity to give us a Geonosian sonic blaster, but no dice. The battle droid looks flimsy too. Hopefully this won't be the only brown droid we get.

As Indiana said, price will be a big factor on these. Obviously, if you never got a chance to get the DS Trooper or Scout Tropper, these sets are great. I have a couple of each so that's not much incentive for me. Anything above 9.99 and they can sit there. Even that seems like a little much. One of the few times I can truly say it won't bother me if I don't get these...

Just my 2 cents.

accessory sets

for what its worth.... I love the new accessory sets... I loved the EP1 sets.... and going all the way back to those first sets --ESB was it?--20 years ago with extra guns and backpacks and stuff

I just like having extra doo-dads and weapons for the figures and even the included reissues of old figures is OK by me.... the death star set not only has the hard to find DS trooper but a mouse droid and interogation droid as I recall.... pretty cool in my opinion

Ive always thought the impossible to find hyperdrive repair kit that fits in the queen's starship was the coolest theyve made.... but I like the new ones too

I just like all the extra little gadgets and stuff. i dont know about the rest of you, but I need extras for all the weapons I lose

my 2 cents....

-Flembar-
    A death mark is not an easy thing to live with.

I THINK THE NEW ACCESORY PACKS ARE OK THE ONLY THING THAT I DONT LIKE IS THAT THEY ARE TARGET EXCLUSIVES,BECAUSE TARGET NEVER HAS $HIT ITS ALWAYS HARD TO FIND STUFF THERE

the walmart on touhy in niles had faint signs of the palpatine wave i asked one of the workers and he said they had them early monday morning. target on touhy in niles didnt have anything good but i did get the dooku light sabre pen today.