Thread: Where's Rune?

Where's Rune?

I figured he'd be with Nute.

Also does Nute get killed in Ep2? I heard he gets caught on fire, but that may just be a rumor.
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 03-26-2002 at 12:41 AM.

I also heard that Nute gets ignited, possibly by Jango's errant flamethrower. I doubt that gown he wears is fire retardant. Is that scene gonna be done seriously or for laughs? I hope they don't do it in a comedy sense, just let the audience enjoy his demise.

As for Rune, who knows? Maybe he was scared off by Panaka's menacing stare . . . and kissed his trade franchise goodbye. Perhaps he doesn't share Nute's thirst for revenge?

He's getting DNA splicing and he's really Ellors Madak from the Cantina!

j/k.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hehehe, I liked Rune better than Nute.

Originally posted by Battle Droid
    Hehehe, I liked Rune better than Nute.
    I always thought Nute was a jackass, but I kinda liked Rune. "Have you ever encountered a Jedi Knight before sir?" I guess it's similar to my affinity for Piett, only on a smaller scale. He's a bad guy, but he doesn't seem to mean evil . . . too much anyway

I honestly can't tell them apart. A couple of rubber faced mooks with bad asian accents.

Weren't their accents supposed to sound Transylvanian? I don't recall where I heard that (a few years ago) but I can kinda hear it in Nute's voice but not Rune's . . . perhaps I'm delusional

I liked Rune and Daultay Dofine the best. Nute is just pug ugly and boring. Lott Dod is much the same. Rune andd Daultay had character but I guess Lucas was looking for the dullest of the dullards when he picked which characters got to return. PAH!

I heard that...

They had some Asian dialect. It may have been from Taihuan (Taiwan)... I think they said they stumbled upon the dialect while searching for voice talent for the foreign dubbed versions.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

When I first saw TPM when it would show inside the control room and Nute and Rune would talk, it always reminded me of a japanese dubbed sci-fi film..

You can tell Rune is better than Nute just by looking at their figures!

Something about Rune was just more entertaining, I guess because he actually used his head while Nute was just staying under Sidious' thumb.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"