Question Digital Theater Help

This is not a spoiler, just a question. I am sure everyone knows that this is an all-digital movie. I think that is really great! I want to see this movie in a theater that has a digital projector. I live in Chicago, but I am new to the area, so I donít know all the ins and outs yet. I didnít know if there was a web site or a number or someplace I could contact to find a digital theater near me. I donít really want to call every theater in Chicago, but if that is what it takes than I will do it. I hope someone can help. Thanks.

Icatch9
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I'm sure you could go online and find out fairly quickly which, if any, theatres have digital projectors. Or call a couple different theatres and ask. If they don't have'em they might tell you who does. You might get jerks a couple times, but I find it hard to beleive every theatre employee in Chicago would be jerky like that. I know if we didn't have digital projectors and somebody else in town did, I would have no problem sending a customer in their direction.

I saw a TV ad on Sunday for DLP, it looks like they are going to continually push this technology out into the open.

Sorry, I can't answer the question off hand - just wanted to add that tidbit

Here's a little help for you!!!

To allay your fears of rude theatre employees... here is a site that SHOULD help you find a DIGITAL CINEMA in your area.

http://www.dlp.com/dlp/cinema/where.asp

Hope that helps you out!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 03-26-2002 at 02:34 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Exclamation Thanks a lot Jedi Partner!

Thanks a lot Jedi Partner. There is one in my area. I hope there are other providers, because there are not to many digital theaters in this country. I guess if it makes that big of a difference, then people will be making a road trip.

Thanks again for the info.

I saw both versions of digital projection for Episode I and please take my word when I say, even though DLP is the clear winner in the digital projection race, it was NOT ready to replace traditional film projection when I saw it, so if you decide to see it in Digital, make sure you see it projected traditionally first - you won't be sorry.

Both of my Episode I Digital reviews, Texas Instruments is the DLP one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So digital is cool, but just dosen't have that "jenna se qua" (SP?) of a traditional theater. That makes since. I will probally see it at a normal theater at 12:01, and then go to the digital place for a evening show. Thanks for the advice and all the info you guys have been a big help.

Wink For future reference...

Originally posted by icatch9
    So digital is cool, but just dosen't have that "jenna se qua" (SP?)
    It's "Je ne sais quoi"... which translates to "I don't know what". Funny that we would use that phrase...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

thanks JediPartner. I use that from time to time, but never had a clue how to spell it.