Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Darth Maul would have sliced and diced Vader like a Popiel Kitchen invention. 'nuff said!
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Thumbs up

Vader all the way! He was more skilled in the dark side and to me more powerfull.He didn't have to use his lightsaber to get what he wanted and I believe that in time and if things when another way with Luke,Vader would have taken out the emp.and took his rightful place as master.

VADER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I would have to go with Vader on this one...Vader would have gotten annoyed with Maul prancing around, doing flips and jumps and dropped a building on him. game over.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

VADER

definitely Vader. i have to agree with the previous post.. maukl would be doing some kung-fu and vader would laugh and just throw something at him and remark "all too easy'.....

vader is a classic, u can't knock on him.. maul is cool too could have made ep1 great until lucas felt the urge to compete with pokemon and got a stupid kid actor to playa anakin (loyd).. i know he is just a kid but so is haley joe osmond... ur ur gonna play the part, play it right..

I like how people think GL sits around and writes his movies. "Let's see I put this in to compete with Pokemon, I put this in to compete with Teletubbies, I'll put this in to compete with Power Rangers..."

C'mon give the man a little more credit than that. Did you expect Vader to emerge fully grown from the womb?

Oh yeah, Maul wouldn't even get within fifty feet of Vader before being discovered and dealt with most unpleasantly.

Talking Maul wins

Maul would kick Vader's caped butt. Need proof? Compare Luke's clumsy saber lunging in the final duel with Vader. If Vader was such a great master of the Force, he would've been dodging those wimpy jabs and doing flips himself.

Before somebody argues that "well, Luke's anger made him powerful" (and, man, am I tired of having to reply to lamebrained excuses like that), a guy can get angry, but that doesn't necessarily give him some kind of physical power that would have driven Vader to some kind of sudden spontaneous exhaustion like we saw. If Luke had used a "Force Push" or something like that, then maybe, but he didn't. Just lame-o saber swinging.

Maul would've diced young Skywalker into a billion pieces and ergo, Vader too.

Originally posted by Darth Cruel
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Darth Maul would have sliced and diced Vader like a Popiel Kitchen invention. 'nuff said!
    So you're saying he would have spun around for a few minutes and then broke down, all the while ripping you off on shipping and handling fees?

I think Anakin should have been an early teenager in Ep 1, and I think Lucas did too at first. Look at the designs of the character in the Ep 1 Illustrated Screenplay.

I don't think Jake Lloyd is the one at fault with the character of Anakin in Ep 1, I think it's Lucas' bad directing and poor casting that's at fault. Kids don't have the internal emotional backgrounds to base acting upon, so the director needs to give them more motivation, but Lucas isn't an actor's director, he lets them do whatever they want. Also, while Lloyd does have some talent, he was poorly cast because he's a very young 7 year old kid playing a mature 9-year old. Look at the pick-up shots of Anakin which were done when Jake was a year and a half older, he's taller, his hair isn't baby-fine, he's lost his baby teeth, some of that baby fat, and he seems less like an infant, but most of the film he looks barely old enough to be a toddler.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JediTricks, you are so right about those pickup shots! The first to come to mind is the scene of Anakin showing up to say goodbye to Padme.

I think we agree that Anakin should have been a teenager - I plan to start a new thread addressing this question and my other reasons for it.

Vader definitely better simply because he appear in 2 more movie than Maul and he died in one piece (not to mention the palm that was chopped off by Luke. Hey, that's 1 for 1 and fair deal )

Originally posted by humsup
    Vader definitely better simply because he appear in 2 more movie than Maul and he died in one piece (not to mention the palm that was chopped off by Luke. Hey, that's 1 for 1 and fair deal )

So because he was in 2 more movies,does that make him better?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious