Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Drop a building on him. I liked that,Funny!
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Griff
    One word... Maul.

Vader would win every time.......... sure maul would bounce around and look real flash, but eventually he'd just end up sushi.
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

Yes but Vader would need his air puffer since he would be out of breath!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Vader would just stand there and watch Maul doing all his jumps and back flips and when Maul was finished just "ring the little Ba@#$#@# neck for tring to up stage him".

Vader would totally GONK him......... oh no, it's catching
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

Thumbs up

Let's go over the facts.

HEALTH:
    Vader - Needed armor just to breath.
    Maul - Was as healthy as a horse.
    Advantage - Maul

FIGHTING ABILITY:
    Vader - Could hardly move to swing a lightsaber so he had to cheat with The Force.
    Maul - Had that Bruce Lee on Crystal Meth thing going and still had The Force.
    Advantage - Maul

IMPRESSIVE FEATS:
    Vader - Only killed Obi-Wan Kenobi because Obi-Wan let him to effect the escape of the rebels from the Death Star.
    Maul - Almost beat TWO of the very best Jedi at once and DID kill one of them.
    Advantage - Maul

TOUGH TO DEFEAT:
    Vader - Was defeated (not killed) in a lightsaber duel by a poorly trained Jedi Knight with NO experience lightsaber fighting.
    Maul - Had to be ganged up on by TWO of the very best Jedi in the Universe (which is very cowardly).
    Advantage - Maul

Lets go over the score
    Maul - 4
    Vader - 0

AND THE WINNER IS.......DARTH MAUL

'NUFF SAID!

This post was edited to correct the oversight mentioned in the next post.
    Last edited by Darth Cruel; 08-28-2001 at 12:09 PM.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Vader was not killed by a poor trained jedi.He gave his life to save his son and to do the right thing.Thats what brought Vader back from the darkside.If anything it took the Emperor to take out Vader.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Thumbs up

Pardon me, you are correct. Vader was not killed by a poorly trained Jedi Knight. But he did have his butt handed to him in a lightsaber duel with said experience-less Jedi Knight.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Originally posted by Obi-Don
    Vader was not killed by a poor trained jedi.He gave his life to save his son and to do the right thing.Thats what brought Vader back from the darkside.If anything it took the Emperor to take out Vader.

No, no. Vader was beaten before he made that choice. Luke's amateurish hacking away with his lightsaber should have been a cakewalk for any half trained Jedi to fend off. Essentially the problem with that sequence is that the filmmakers did not choreograph a decent fight sequence that could equal or outdo the one in TPM. That's one of the problems with shooting a series out of order. Vader appears quite inept when he shouldn't be. In theory Vader probably could wipe Maul off the face of the galaxy, but in practice, as filmed, the evidence is to the contrary.