Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wal mart

wal mart

on the main SSG page there is a story about wal mart promotions. think we'll get excluded like usual? will we be finding nothing but chewie mechanics and ketwols like usual when april 23rd rolls around?

thoughts?
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

um, im not sure what you mean by we, people in canada, or every sw fan round the world? if the latter, then, i believe that i, and any others in sierra vista az, will not be seeing anything but the usual peg warmers...
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

Originally posted by browndroid
    um, im not sure what you mean by we, people in canada, or every sw fan round the world? if the latter, then, i believe that i, and any others in sierra vista az, will not be seeing anything but the usual peg warmers...
    He's referring to us Canadians since this is a Canadian forum.
    But I agree with both of you nonetheless.
    I'm skeptical we'll see much... but I'm hoping
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

BTW

It's Canada!! (unless you really dig ee.cummings) Wooooooooo!! Ca-Na-Da!!!! Woooooooo!!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Registered
    Ontario, CANADA where there are no TARGET stores

Wal of doubt

Hopefully Walmart will come through with the new stuff. There's no way I can pay TRU prices for 20+ new figures.
    Don't drink the blue milk! Why? It's spoiled!

Im counting on Walmart to get the stuff also. I did notice today where the scant few star wars figures were, that they had cleared a 4 foot section about 5 pegs high around it and spread the figures over the pegs. I hope this is them getting ready for the new stuff. And you are right about those TRU prices!!! I could almost pay the american price plus shipping and it would be the same price.

How bout

Seeing if we could get some kind of e petition, to show TRU that there's lots of serious SW fans that would be happy to have a good selection available at a fair price(or at least let them know that if the price doesn't come down, there's no real point in stocking them anymore)?? I mean, 15 freaking dollars a figure is totally outlandish and ridiculous, especially when you contrast the US price vs the Canadian price, given that most other toys seem to suffer a much lighter markup. TRU as a company is pretty arrogant. Especially given how the AOTC stuff is smaller and lighter, and somehow still more expensive. The prices on the figs are making me a lot less likely to even want them, and that's sad. Woooooo!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

TRU isn't that badly priced. i'm glad its not 11.99 anymore though. i just wish we got everything, even some of the exclusives.

Registered
    Ontario, CANADA where there are no TARGET stores

TRU suck

They're still $11.99 at my TRU(Hamilton,ON
    Don't drink the blue milk! Why? It's spoiled!

for the basic figs or for the preview ones?