Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

B-Wing questions?

What goes in the space behind the Engines? The tool kit?

Also is the cockpit meant to be an escape pod?
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 03-26-2002 at 11:13 PM.

The reason of the hollowing of it I guess was for a "maintinence" section, and the R5 unit fits quite well in there.

The cockpit was not really meant to be an escape pod, the B-wing cockpit pods are supposed to be able to rototate around to allow for different flight posistions without the cockpit changing posisition, however you could use it as an escape pod, I do. :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I put the tool kit in the hollow of my B-wing's engines, it's a nice little extra feature, but it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

RE: B-Wing cockpit

I thought that the rotating feature of the B-Wing cockpit was a relatively worthless feature, unless in atmospheric flight, or flying in close quarters with another large object.

When in space, there's really no up and down. To somewhat-quote Spock from ST2:TWoK: "...his pattern suggests... two-dimensional thinking."

I mean, didn't the instruments in the B-Wing at least have the little X and Y coordinate circles in the upper right corner, with flashing little dots to indicate enemy and attacking ships???
    --RJ

"Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets, then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again." -- A Marin County newspaper TV listing for "The Wizard of Oz"

There is no up or down in space, yes, but it's not space that's the factor, it's the pilot. See up and down is still up and down to us no matter where we are and if you were to do some weird maneuver in space which your ship is spinning like Anakin did in TPM, you can get dizzy from the gavitational pulls inside the ship but the B-wing can do that and the cockpit will stay in the same posistion so not to confuse the pilot.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

i don;t see why some of the nerds nitpick everythig for 'realism".
    its just a story, if it was 100% real it wouldn;t be as fun.

oh, and i've noticed lego slips those silly compartments on anything they can, i think its kinda cool, they;re tryong to give kids a little something extra playwise and i commend them for it. i mean if you don;t really like it you can always modify the model, thats whats so great about lego.

post #100....yay me
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Huh?? There was nothing negative there, there wasn't any nitpicking, and SW Geek is preferred.

Yeah the compartments aren't that bad, I used the ones on the X-wing to store extra lightsabers.

it was somewhat of a generaization, and i prefer nerd myself.

oh and redneckjedi nitpicked a weebit..
    *points finger*
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Hmmm, let's see... nitpicking... oh, maybe. But it's mostly just my observation. NOW I'll nitpick...

Ya see, when the Millennium Falcon's landing claw attached to the back of the Star Destroyer in ESB, what direction was up? The SD personnel were all walking around. The MF crew were walking around.

Whatever method of creating gravity on/in a SW space vehicle would only be relative to that vehicle. Ya, centrifugal force would apply on/in the vehicle, as you say, LTBasker, so I can see the merit in it, I just can't picture in my mind how it would be applied, except in a very unlikely circumstance. In real-life reference, look up gravity in an encyclopedia or your local General Science. If there's one direction of "up" in the universe, then here in the U.S., I've been walking at an angle for years (relative to the universe).

I never said that the rotating cockpit wasn't a cool, neato feature, I just thought I'd share my thoughts on it. Yes, it was a vastly entertaining movie, saga, etc., and I wouldn't be posting here if it wasn't. I didn't put the brakes on when I saw a B-Wing cockpit spin around.

.oO(Hmmm... I'll bet I can find a website that points out the thinking behind that spinning B-Wing cockpit...)
    --RJ

"Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets, then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again." -- A Marin County newspaper TV listing for "The Wizard of Oz"