Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So when are we going to see flying Jedi?

When oh when will this happen. It isn't like it isn't possible. Jedi have the power to levitate objects, have super speed, and can jump great distances, so when will we truly see this ability? I think that it would be really cool to see a lightsaber battle that takes place kind of like in The Matrix training program where Neo is fighting Morpheus. Like Jedi running up walls and using martial arts to their full ability. I hope we get to see something like this soon. Anyone else agree?
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Interesting idea SithDroid, I never considered a flying Jedi before

How about one who can fly naturally? They've based a few Jedi of off reptilian creatures, how about a birdman with wings?

Although interesting, I personally wouldn't want to see Jedi fly using force powers. If an alien can fly naturally due to his species specific ability to fly, that's one thing. But I don't want to see jedis flying around just cause its something more for them to do. Leave stuff like that to the Matrix.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

that flying would totally ruin the starwars atmosphere

I think the Anakin/Obi Wan battle will pull out all the stops and you will see some amazing feats of Jedi-ness. We've seen Jedi flipping in fights (like Obi Wan and Maul in TPM and Luke in ROJ) but to see non stop sabre action regardless of where they are in the flip would be cool. Like Anakin blocks a couple shots from Obi Wan's blade while upside down in the midle of a flip. Eeek! I'm getting myself all excited for stuff that will probably never happen. Mustn't do that.

Thumbs down

A flying Jedi would so bite. It would be like the new cartoon on cartoon network called THE JUSTICE LEAGUE were some one thought it to be a good idea to make WONDER WOMEN fly. I always thought she was the poorest designed superhero ever with her blocking bullets and rope of truth or what ever it was called. Please George, keep the Jedi on the ground.
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

i agree, i wouldnt want jedi to be able to fly, but moving around like the matrix would be pretty cool
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

I even don't want them moving like in the matrix - EVERY new action movie has some kind of slow-motion fighting in it since it was first in the matrix - I mean it's cool but that would totally "commercialize" and ruin the original star wars feeling
    just keep it normal fighting like in E1 and the OT with flips and everything

Oh , I agree. Never EVER slow down the action in a Star Wars movie. Part of the fun is watching it happen so fast. I just mean it would be cool to see some over the top fight choreography for the Anakin/Obi Wan fight. Make the stuff in Episodes I and II look like the weak "old man fighting" in ANH.

Jedi like Obi-Wan and Dooku flying around in a battle would just be stupid and unrealistic, but a Jedi creatures with wings fighting something else that can fly might look cool.

PENDO!