Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by SithDroid
    All of them are great except for Sex in the City. That show is horrible and I swear for a "comedy" I have never laughed at all the few times I've seen it.
    Well, not to put too fine a point on it; you're opinion counts as much as anyone elses, but you seem to be one of the very few people who don't like it. I don't think it's the best show in the world, but I've been watching it since the first ep and it's pretty damn funny to me

I loved Band of Brothers and I'm glad they've finally put a date on the DVD release. The only problem I had with it was that it was difficult to keep track of all the characters. There were so many soldiers it was hard to remember who was who from week to week. I've been looking forward to the DVD so I can watch them all again and get a clearer picture of who was doing what.

Oz is an amazing show, but I've only sat and watched a whole episode 3-4 times. It's just a little too gritty for me I guess.

Six Feet Under was absolutely AMAZING in it's first season, but the second season was a little lackluster I thought. I'm hoping it improves in the third.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Put me in the "I hate Sex and the City" category.

Let's not forget this month's DVD release of The Sopranos Season 3 ! ! ! :happy: I'm gonna have my own marathon starting in a few weeks: I'll blow through seasons 1 and 2 again and then buy Season 3, watching it up until September 15th when season 4 begins.

September 15th will be so awesome - Sopranos season 4 premiere followed by the season 3 premiere of Curb Your Enthusiasm ! ! !

Originally posted by pthfnder89
    I loved Band of Brothers and I'm glad they've finally put a date on the DVD release. The only problem I had with it was that it was difficult to keep track of all the characters. There were so many soldiers it was hard to remember who was who from week to week. I've been looking forward to the DVD so I can watch them all again and get a clearer picture of who was doing what.
    yeah, definitely hard to keep track of... i have a few favorite characters, and i don't even know their names! i've definitely been waiting for the dvd's for the same reasons - because it's awesome, and i need to know who the hell i'm watching!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I wouldn't necessarily recommend the book "Band of Brothers." It's a great story poorly told. Steven Ambrose has gotten in trouble for plagerism recently and after reading this book and others I could see how he skirts the line quite often. In both this book and "Blue Sky" the original subjects objected to his first attempt of telling the story (false statements, wrong information, missing parts) so they made him redo it.

I caught only one episode of the series and loved it. I can't wait until its out on DVD!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Here's the info and price info on the "Band of Brothers" DVD release. This info is from DVDTalk and Media Play.

We've got the complete details for the upcoming DVD release for Band of Brothers (the single best war series we've seen yet)! Set for release on November 5th Band of Brothers will be presented in 16x9 enhanced widescreen, Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio and feature: All 10 Episodes from the series plus the documentary 'We Stand Alone Together', a 30 minute 'The Making of Band of Brothers', a 55 minute Video Diary from Ron Livingston documenting his experience making Band of Brothers, HBO's premiere screening on the Beaches of Normandy, an episode specific field guide with a ton of background info, and more. Pre-Order Band of Brothers Now.

My friend at Media Play, said that the pre-order price is $89.95, and the MSRP is $120.00. Not to bad for such a big set.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm looking forward to it, thanks for the info Jar Jar.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Has anyone else been driven nuts by those teasers HBO keeps playing for The Sopranos? They're cool, but they just focused on past dialogue . . .

Not anymore, I just recently saw the new trailer with all sorts of good looking snippets ! ! ! :happy:
    As if that doesn't have me pumped enough, I just had to buy the new TV Guide (Gandolfini and Falco covers, I chose Gandolfini - tough call) just to read the article inside.

I have been COMPLETELY spoiler free until I read that article, I was very successful so far in avoiding them but these 4 won't hurt. I'll post them in yellow as a fair warning, but I don't consider them to be of major spoilage. Minor . . . well, except for the last one . . .

A.J. will have a girlfriend in season 4 - that should allow for some great storylines.

Baccala will reportedly be slimmed down - that's good for the actor who plays him (Steven Schirripa) but bad for the character - I love him just the way he is !

Carmela will be sportin' a new short haircut, because Edie Falco got one in real life. She said they tried a wig, but it didn't look right . . . so Carm gets a cut too. That's funny, because I always though she DID have a wig. Not that it looks bad, I just assumed it was fake.

And according to Joey Pants,
    Ralphie is around in episode 11, but he's in a pecarious situation - and JP doesn't know if he'll get past 13.
    Personally, I hate the character, and that's a good thing. So while I despise the person he's playing, I don't want JP to leave the show because he does such a fine job . . . but I didn't want Big ***** to leave either . . .
    Last edited by 2-1B; 08-24-2002 at 03:58 AM.

We're finally getting Band Of Brothers on Canadian TV up here this fall. I saw one epidode through the magic of pirate satellite last fall and was mesmorized. I may shell out for the DVD's but IM thinking of using the VCR to make sure I see the whole series first. Beautiful costumes, great acting.

Ive seen maybe 10 eps of the Sopranos - brilliant. It's been on up here for over a year but always a year behind. I need to focus on watching them in order so I can have a better idea of what's going on but it's hard with 2 small kids and the language. With my satellite I can watch it at 6pm, 9pm, and it's appropriate 11pm time slot so there's no excuse not to be keeping up. I hereby declare myself on a new mission!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Glad to hear of your mission JJ !
    Point taken about the language, but it's more than just the kids - I like to go and watch it with my dad, but my mom is completely disgusted by it.

Today at Sam Goody I spotted a book on the bargain pile called "The New York Times on The Sopranos" . . . looked like a collection of NYT articles on the show. Regular price was $9.99, but the discount sticker said $3.95. I figured it was worth a shot, so when I got to the register it rang up at 99 cents ! :happy:

By the way, just saw the DVD artwork for the "Band of Brothers" DVD case. Looks like it's going to be a very cool metal tin case. I love metal tins, wouldn't mind seeing more DVD's packed in them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	band of brothers dvd case.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	3533  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.