Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    And with that post, I dub thee Tycho, Honorary Caesar of the Day!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I never get tired of Band of Brothers. If only all mini-series could be that good.

I used to watch Oz all the time. Great show. Made it kind of hard to watch many Law & Order (especially SVU) for a while.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Episode 3 of Band of Brothers was awesome as the tanks came into play. There was some serious combat there.

Bly or Blythe was weird (the guy who was so shell-shocked he acted blind). Winters handled that really well. You could see the men wanting to be loyal to Winters as he was definitely a hero larger than life.

Episode 4 of BoB had the German Tiger Tanks take their revenge. As also shown in "A Bridge Too Far," Operation: Market-Garden was a failure. It disgusted me how the Brits fought: the British tank commander drove right into the Tiger fire even after he'd been warned. He was following orders really strictly to not destroy private property (of the Dutch). Well he'd be alive if he did what the American soldiers told him to: - blow up the whole building the Tiger was hiding behind, and then he'll get the Germans. He didn't listen and did things by the book. Doing things that way got him killed. I can't recollect if the same happens to Sobel, but it wouldn't surprise me. It's guys like Winters and Nixon that know what they're doing.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Episode 6 of Band of Brothers is also one of my favorites. It's the one about the medic and what he went through. You had to be incredibly brave to handle that. It always scared me that when he left the perimeter in the field with a wounded they drove back to Bastogne, there was still firing going on out there and possibly more who would be wounded. I know there were more medics, but I don't think there could ever be enough.

It's interesting how a love with that French nurse was beginning to bloom. I think he sees her again, but fears she is dead during the time after episode 6 when Bastogne was bombed.

Anyone know what Winters was doing out there on the perimeter? I thought he was promoted above field duty. I know he likes it better there- where he can make a difference in the field however. So that's that.

Dang this series is great!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Lipton and Spears became great heroes after Bostogne, as well.

This series is something. I've become totally addicted to Band of Brothers.

NO ONE VIEWING THIS WILL GET THE LEAST BIT BORED!

It is that good!

Band of Brothers is my favorite Miniseries. I just bought it on sale for 49.99. It has been on the History Channel just about every week. So I haven't even opened mine yet. Spears is my favorite character. He's mysterious and brave. The rumour about him machine gunning those German prisoners never was really answered. I never did see what happened to the Jamie Bamber character (Battlestar Galactica) from the 1st platoon. Did he get shot in the town right after Bastogne? You don't see him after that so I guess he did. I need to watch it on DVD so I can search for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Band of Brothers is my favorite Miniseries. I just bought it on sale for 49.99. It has been on the History Channel just about every week. So I haven't even opened mine yet. Spears is my favorite character. He's mysterious and brave. The rumour about him machine gunning those German prisoners never was really answered.
    From what I've read he really did it.

I never did see what happened to the Jamie Bamber character (Battlestar Galactica) from the 1st platoon. Did he get shot in the town right after Bastogne? You don't see him after that so I guess he did. I need to watch it on DVD so I can search for that.
    I don't remember Lt. Foley or what happened to him, I'll have to rewatch that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It's interesting how a love with that French nurse was beginning to bloom. I think he sees her again, but fears she is dead during the time after episode 6 when Bastogne was bombed.
    We don't see a body but we see her do rag or something like that in the rubble so I always took it that she died.

Anyone know what Winters was doing out there on the perimeter? I thought he was promoted above field duty. I know he likes it better there- where he can make a difference in the field however. So that's that.
    Winters wasn't all that far back from the line in Bostogne (one hundred yards or so), also he liked to go to the line and check on the men and how they were set up.

Dang this series is great!
    I totally agree!