Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!

Had Vader Lived...do you think that he would have been welcomed by the Rebellion?

No way! I think that his war crimes would have been too great for even the rebellion to ever forgive him or trust him.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Now this is a good question! I had wondered that myself at some point in the past. What would the relationship look like between Vader and his kids, Vader and others in the galaxy?

I'm not sure that others would find "forgiveness" for him the way his son did. Think of Hitler or Milosovich or Stalin or Bush( ). What if those guys "repented?" They would probably still find themselves in court and incarcerated or worse for their crimes, but as "new-born" they would most likely understand the necessity for punishment and accept it with grace. Vader would most likely find himself in the same scenario.

I don't see him walking freely amongst the Rebel officials being accepted as one of them. Hypothetically, if he did, they'd have to forge him a new mask, something less threatening. Maybe something in a mauve or taupe.

I don't think so. Too many people lost friends and family because of him.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Originally posted by stillakid
    Hypothetically, if he did, they'd have to forge him a new mask, something less threatening. Maybe something in a mauve or taupe. :
    I was thinking maybe puce, with a nice pair of spandex tights to complement them .

Anyway I think Vader's place would be to be to assist training new jedi. That way he could pass on his knowledge of the dark side and all its dangers to potential jedi. Plus he could be held and serve out any sentence while passing on his knowledge as part of his sentence.

I don't see how you can joke about this. The man slaughtered and massacred untold billions upon billions of sentient beings. A new mask won't fix anything.

I'd give him a " " mask...

But seriously. War crimes and all that , and factoring in the fact that he personally did in the Emperor, would earn him a quiet military tribunal, a commuted death sentence, and "house arrest" on some barren, outer rim world where no one would look for him. Tatooine.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    But seriously. War crimes and all that , and factoring in the fact that he personally did in the Emperor, would earn him a quiet military tribunal, a commuted death sentence, and "house arrest" on some barren, outer rim world where no one would look for him. Tatooine.
    What comes around, goes around. That would be precious closure.

I, too, have wondered about this. Since Darth Vader is my favorite character, I, pesonally would not have like to see him join the Rebels in any, way, shape or form because I would not like to see him stripped of his power and have to go into some sort of house arrest--or worse.

On the contrary, I would have loved to see him live, but with the Empire having been victorious and Luke having ultimately succumbed to the Dark Side, with or without the Emperor. I would have enjoyed the three of them in power. I know that there's another thread discussing that that wouldn't be possible with the only-two-Sith-at-a-time rule, but when it comes down to it, I guess I would have preferred the Emperor and Lord Vader carrying on as usual with Luke reduced to a pile of ash.

This is a good question....

It's more than likely true that he wouldn't be too welcome among many of the rebellion.
    But I'd think Luke would realize this, and had Vader survived, they would have somehow repaired his resporator (the suit or something) and hide him. Annie could be a hermit like Ol' Ben
    Then tell everyone that he had in fact perished.

So kinda what Rollo said...cept I don't know if Luke would allow him to be tried.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

ah whinny luke always gets what he wants, but if it were to actually happen, i believe he would be senteced to death...bummer...
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda