Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Dooku

About Dooku

why is his lightsaber hilt bent? And why is this the first time we've seen one?

IMO, I think it's bent for two reasons. It's cool and it looks like if you were good enough you could twirl the blade easier and strike with more creative attacks. I don't know, I'm not a swordsman.

Lightsabres, like most things, tend to sag once they get old.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

It was designed to vaguely resemble a fencing sword.

And Dooku isn't the only Jedi to have a curved-style handle. There are several Jedi in the arena who have them as well.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Pretty much the same reason Maul had a double bladed lightsaber. It looks cool and George needed to put in something new and different.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

It's curved because...

He's arthritic and has a hard time gripping the uncurved handles. Either that or wanted it to match his...

By the way... the blade looks like a standard blade. I remember, early on, LFL saying that this was called a "Flame Saber" and that the blade would look more like it was on fire. I'm glad they didn't do that.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I do believe Christopher Lee is a pro fencer or something like that, anyways George had Dooku's saber to be curved like a foil in fencing so during the duels Lee could REALLY fight.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

it looks pretty cool bent like that, i agree, george wanted to mix things up
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

I see, meaning the new Hasbro lightsabers will be "fencer friendly". Not to mention "old people with arthritus friendly". Now ol' George can sell more product. A genius he is!!!

Re: It's curved because...

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    By the way... the blade looks like a standard blade. I remember, early on, LFL saying that this was called a "Flame Saber" and that the blade would look more like it was on fire. I'm glad they didn't do that.
    When the spoiler was leaked that Dooku had a curved saber, some people took that to mean the blade was curved. I remember some fan art trying to interpret this notion, and I didn't care for it either. I'm guessing that's what they meant by the flame saber too? Maybe these are two slightly different ideas . . .