Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reunions

Question Reunions

I just got an invite for my 15 year High School Reunion. Have any of the rest of you (older guys anyway ) ever attended a reunion? Is it worth the time? I just have this sense of it being a big ol' contest to see who ended up with the best/worst job and who managed to nab the hottest wife.

Thumbs up

Hehehehe, its worth it if u left good friends there, but if u are not sure u are going to see those friends, its always entertaining to see again ppl u used to see every day. I went to three reunions and i had a great time, so...i recommend u go. If u dont like the reunion u can always get out.
    As always...........L

This is my 1800th post...

If you DON'T go then you'll always regret not going, but if you do go, then you can go "Pffft. What I figured it'd be..." and leave early if you want. But, I bet there'll be people there you didn't even remember wanting to see and when you see them again and start hangingout you'll be glad you went. Besides, don't you want to ogle all your old classmates "hot" wives?

My 10 year reunion is coming up in 3 years. Man I feel old. Where has the time gone?
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Question "You'll have to decide... you'll have to decide..."

Yes, go:
    If you are interested in seeing your classmates,
    If you won't feel inferior if friends are "doing better" than you are,
    If you're into nostalgia,
    If you don't think the money spent to go will be a waste,
    If you want to "oogle" the hot wives/hunk husbands,
    If some old pal still owes you $10.

No, don't go:
    If you add a "don't," "not," or "aren't" to the above statements.

I kinda enjoyed mine, except it was in Palm Springs, about 50 away from where my school is. Ironically, it was at the site of the only prom I attended. I got to talk with many of my friends I still keep in touch with, as well as seeing others I'd forgotten about. The strange thing was the people I talked the most with were ones I didn't associate with very much in high school. Wonder why?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Re: "You'll have to decide... you'll have to decide..."

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Yes, go:
    If you are interested in seeing your classmates,
    If you won't feel inferior if friends are "doing better" than you are,
    If you're into nostalgia,
    If you don't think the money spent to go will be a waste,
    If you want to "oogle" the hot wives/hunk husbands,
    If some old pal still owes you $10.

No, don't go:
    If you add a "don't," "not," or "aren't" to the above statements.

I kinda enjoyed mine, except it was in Palm Springs, about 50 away from where my school is. Ironically, it was at the site of the only prom I attended. I got to talk with many of my friends I still keep in touch with, as well as seeing others I'd forgotten about. The strange thing was the people I talked the most with were ones I didn't associate with very much in high school. Wonder why?

I didn't realize that the Chandrila Core Worlds were so close to Palm Springs!

Did anyone of you nab the highly coveted "most improved odor" "biggest weight gain" "most hair-loss" or "shortest distance traveled to get here," awards given out at your reunions?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

This year will be my 30th reunion

I don't think there would be many of us left alive

Who wants to see a bunch of us in wheelchairs and walkers, anyway? ( I must remember to buy some more Depends.....)
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I went to my tenth and fifteenth...

I showed up at the 15th wearing all black... as I usually do. Black lycra shirt with a single silver zipper, black pants and big crunchy Doc Martens with a nice brushed silver industrial looking chain around my neck... looking all buff, to boot! All the other guys had totally gone to pot in 5 years that passed since the last reunion. I looked great and VERY Euro, I might add. I got several apologies from people who had treated me so badly for the six years I attended Junior High and High School in that district. I'm still the same geek and don't have the most exciting money making job in the world... I still showed up with class, integrity and the fact that I looked better than my peers. Ahhh... lovely. At least outwardly I gave them a little bit of a shake up.

Now... the best part is... that a few of the people I had been friends with in elementary school, who decided it was no longer "cool" to be seen with me, made amends and things are great. I don't have to avoid them when seeing them in public. I don't "hang" with any of them as I find little in common with them anymore, but it's nice to have put all the ill feelings aside and just get on with life.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I dont really have any bad feelings towards anyone that I graduated with, but I know I will not go to my 10th year reunion when it comes. Most of the people I graduated with were very stuck up and had their noses up in the air. Those kids whose parents owned businesses or car dealerships and the like.
    I never really related to any of them very well.
    The only time I ever come in contact with some of them is either out in public like at the movies or the mall, or at football games.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed