Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Chewie and Han?

Does anyone have an idea when these are going to be released? I'm totally stoked by the pictures of these figures!

With ball jointed shoulders, Bespin Escape Chewie looks like he's going to be my favorite version by FAR.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

The Chewbacca's great. I'm wondering if they'll treat him like Amanaman - the product on the card shows the external ball joints, but the final product has internal ball joints. Chewie from ToyFair had external, but it might work better as internal. I dunno, still a great figure w/ a nice destructed Threepio.

Han, eh, it's just another resculpt that I'll skip on. If he had a removeable cloth poncho, yes, I'd get him, but I don't consider a thermal detonator a selling point, especially when I can use one of those removeable knobs from the deluxe Leia cannon.

As far as release date, I'd figure it will be in the fall with non-AOTC waves, perhaps like:

Wave 1

4X Bespin Vader
    4X Bespin Luke
    4X Djas Puhr

Wave 2

4X Ephant Mon
    4X Endor Han
    4X Bespin Chewbacca
    Last edited by Lord Tenebrous; 03-27-2002 at 02:39 PM.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Isn't Ephant Mon going to be a Deluxe figure?

I read at Rebelscum.com I think in one of the Question Marks that Ephant Mon is NOT going to be a deluxe as previously thought. I am excited for the Chewie too! And the Han face is nearly perfect!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

the entire line of 2002 stuff excites me, even the AOTC stuff. i just hope hasbro wakes the heck up and starts distrubuting stuf to us canadians. i think they shold send us each one of every figure they decided we didn;t deserve, free of charge and say sorry for not thinking we matter to them
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Yeah...

I think they finally got Han right... starting with the 25th Anniversary packs. I can't wait for Chewie. I really wish they'd also pack him with his Bowcaster as well as that Stormie rifle. I suppose I could always pilfer on of the Anniversary sets for one! Just kidding.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: Yeah...

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    I think they finally got Han right... starting with the 25th Anniversary packs. I can't wait for Chewie. I really wish they'd also pack him with his Bowcaster as well as that Stormie rifle. I suppose I could always pilfer on of the Anniversary sets for one! Just kidding.
    I'm excited about the Han; as I didn't really like the 25th Anniversary one. For some reason, those little detonators ARE a selling point for me. Don't ask me why, but I've always wanted an Endor Han with those... I have this feeling that he'll only come with one though, which would be fairly stupid as he used several.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I am too very excited about this year's offering.

In response to Lord Tenebrous' wave listing I believe this to be eventual release waves as stated by Starwars.com.

Col. 1, Wave ?
    1- Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)
    2- Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)
    3- Han Solo (Endor)
    4- Chewbacca with C-3PO

Col. 2, Wave ?
    1- Qui-Gon Jinn w/Blast effect
    2- Endor Rebel Trooper (Bearded)
    3- Endor Rebel Trooper (Helmet)
    4- Djas Puhr

Solo and Chewie are included in the Col. 1 assort. because they have play features (aka - Kid based)

But who knows what the Big H will end up doing?
    Even though Leia was my first love, Padme is waaaaayyyy hotter!

Where is a picture of this new Chewie?

You can check the picture out here:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/f...0/indexp2.html

and then click on the Han Solo pic to see Chewie.
    Even though Leia was my first love, Padme is waaaaayyyy hotter!