Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Micro Machines Stands

Does anyone know a source (other than buying lots of extra sets) for the little clear plastic stands used to support most of the Micro Machines?
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

the only thing i can think of. . .

. . .is that my pal b'jr has 1000s of mm ships, and therefore 1000s of stands. however, he has yet to use all the stands simlutaneously (he's often content to display his squadrons on the floor naked ). so he Might be persuaded to trade some in exchange for xtra scifimm ships you didn't want. make an offer, & i'll check with him
    other than that, i'd think it wouldn't be too hard for someone out there to cheaply fabricate a bunch of duplicates out of acrylic. after all, their shape is simple

Thanks. I appreciate the offer, but MM's aren't my top priority, so I don't have any duplicates.

Along a similar line, is there any reason why some of the Action Fleet ships have the lettering on the stand in gold, while others are unplated black plastic? No biggie, I am just curious.

Thanks again.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

I believe the gold ones were released to commemorate the 1997 Special Editions (but I normally get my facts wrong so someone'll have to confirm.)

R2 is prolly the most qualified for this task.

jeddah

Red face as we havn't heard nuthin o' late from r2, i'll do my best to fill in

when action fleet were originally released in 95, the star wars logo on the box, as well as the stands were printed in silver. that's why sometimes, you'll see folk here refering to silver labeled af's.

in 97, galoob changed the lettering on both the box as well as the stand to gold, just as jeddah indicated, it was to commemorate the release of the special edition star wars movies.

sometime around the end of 97 (or beginning of 98) galoob (or hasbro, as i do believe the sell had gone through by then), used cost cutting measures, and removed all coloring from the star wars logo on the stands (thus it being a relief black logo), if they could, they prolly would have done the same fer the box, but i don't think ol' lucas ltd, would have found it very nice, having the star wars logo on the box of the merch blacked out , so the gold lettering remained.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Thanks to Jeddah and good shot jansen.

Since I am new at this, is it customary to post replies thanking for help, or does everyone just assume the information is appreciated?

Does everyone (or most everyone) tolerate new people with questions that have probably been answered a hundred times before?

Again, thanks.

Lightbulb some thank, & some don't

don't matter either way as far as i can see, i just assume tha asker saw any reply i make. either way, do as you wish, it's just a matter of personal style
    also, some "tolerate new people with questions that have probably been answered a hundred times before", & some don't. again, don't matter much either way who's who, you ask? stick around & see

either way bobby, don't sweat it

it ain't like we got anything else to tawk about these days anyway

we're always glad to have a newcomer grace these here mm forums! welcome.

don't worry bout axin' qextions which may have been posted several times previously over the years (sum of us have been tawkin mm's on the web with eachother for some 4 years now ), so's it's to be expected that as new people pop in, certain issues will be brought up again and again. but as hasbutt ain't been zackly filling our coffers with new merch of late, tawkin bout anything related to mm's is welcome....retread or not!

once again, welcome, stay a spell, i think you'll like it here

speaking of stands...

I read a post about a month ago in some topic in this forum where somebody here was asking if anybody had a Land Speeder or AT-ST to sell. I have searched for the post and I can't find it. I'm thinking it may have been Good Shot Janson or one of the other frequent posters. Anyway, I believe I will have an extra AT-ST stand in a few days because I am getting one in a lot of AFs I purchased. I already have one so I don't need it. Now I know that there are probably quite a few people who need this stand so I don't want a mad rush of people saying "I want it". If you were the mystery person who posted that message before let me know.

nope, wasn't me.......

i tried a search through the forums looking for who it might be, unfotunately i came up zilch

now correct me if i'm wrong, but you're offerin' only the stand, right haggie? not the whole enchilada, just the at-st stand.

actually, there may be quite a few folk who would be interested in that stand, as the at-st prolly saw biggest distribution as a battle pack (#2) which never included a stand for it. most people prolly have it in their collection that way.

the 2 pack was only offered at kb as an exclusive, so lots o' folks may be unaware that a stand for it even exists.