Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOTC Figures

AOTC Figures

I feel like I've been sent to the special kids room to talk about AOTC figures.

I finally got my order from the One of Every Figure Club and felt compelled to weigh in, although I'm not sure anyone can hear me from down the hall in the POTJ area.

Helloooooo........

(silence)

Hmm, okay, so I'll talk to my basketball, Wilson. Wilson, check out these new figures. My son was ecstatic when he saw them and wanted to crack the plastic open immediately. I want to enjoy them from this side of the polymer for a few more days. From the preliminary reports, I fear that without the ample support provided by the packaging, they may implode upon themselves creating 4 individual infinitesimals holding drooping weapons.

While they still exist in molded form, I can say that the Clone Trooper mold is a bit disconcerting. Aside from just being a weird design from an art point of view, the action figure itself appears to be a step backward in terms of articulation. I'll have to wait for the resculpt if I expect to be able to build an army of standing clone troopers.

R3 is okay. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as your standard mech droid goes. The see through top is cool.

Jango is a cool...statue. The poor guy is gonna cramp up. I may never accept the character on grounds that it's an idiotic addition to the story (exploring the Fett Family Tree), but the ...statue...looks cool. Can't wait for the real figure to come out.

This Zam character...same. Can't wait for the action figure.

Goodnight, Wilson.

dont you just love talking to inanimate objects when no one else will listen?
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

Originally posted by browndroid
    dont you just love talking to inanimate objects when no one else will listen?
    Is that you, Wilson?

stillakid, how did you "pose" your Jango statue? I was really bothered by that crouching leg stance, and the best I could do was to turn his torso sideways so that one leg was "bracing" backward while he takes aim.

As for Zam, well that character is staying on the card.

What do you think of the weapon blast effect pack ins ?

Originally posted by Caesar
    stillakid, how did you "pose" your Jango statue? I was really bothered by that crouching leg stance, and the best I could do was to turn his torso sideways so that one leg was "bracing" backward while he takes aim.

As for Zam, well that character is staying on the card.

What do you think of the weapon blast effect pack ins ?
    I let Hasbro do it for me. He's still trapped in the bubble.

I may just leave these guys on the cards and wait for the real action figures to come out.

That kid in me HAD to open these up...

I had one set that found by Jedi Drew (and a JANGO for Yestertoys because none could be found at retail ) and another full set that will stay on the cards... just for the sake of having them. Yeah... the Jango and the Clone Trooper are the worst offenders of the "useless position" gang.

I have Jango crouching behind the Jedi Starfighter shooting over the top. That's the best place I could find for him. Sad.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

cool thing about Jango

Has anyone else noticed that the viewfinder moves!!! you can swing it down right in front of his eyeslit!!!

As for the clonetrooper, I have 14 + 5 others I have given to other collector buds. I will be customizing a few of these real soon to make new poses for them.
    Move along, move along

I like the clonetroopers stance, its a good neutral firing stance, unlike the CT Stormie who couldn't really even hold his gun right. They look good standing in groups.

I also like the pose of the Jango, yes his view finder does move just like the 300th Boba Fett. I really am impartial to the Zam figure. I got her out of the package and holding her big rifle, but the gun is so long, it droops at the end and to turn her head you have to be careful not to break it completely off. Easily my least favorite of the four.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I agree about the Clone Trooper, if his legs were sturdy enough then with the help of a stand he could be put into various poses like running & firing at the same time, but sadly his legs are molded in the gummy plastic. However you can still kind of multi-pose him, if you work with him for a little you might be able to find some other poses for him.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think for a "preview" wave, these figures are great....

...with the exception of the droid, we're going to see addtional versions of these figures (at least one more of Zam, a few more Clonetroopers & I'm sure, countless Jangos...).

I like the Jango alot. Yes, he's not real articulated, but the stance is good and the detailing is well-done. I like the little "blasts" better on the jetpack than on the guns though...

I think the clonetrooper looks cool too...I only have two opened, but I think a line of them advancing with that pose would be pretty cool looking.

I think the Zam figure is alright too....yeah, I'm not rela fond of the hard plastic she seems to be made of or the super soft plastic the weapon is, but she's alright...I guess she's really shining for me right now 'cause I just finished enjoying the new comic featuring her & Jango....

And as for the droid....well, who can resist a droid? Especially with the clear head!!