Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by chewie
    The only thing I don't like is that they're releasing the special edition(s) months later after the general DVD release in hopes of getting those who can't wait to buy two copies of the movie. Other than that, the multiple editions I don't have a problem with.
    Well, it's not really their fault that it's going to be much later. Peter Jackson was working on finishing up Two Towers, and couldn't get away to record an audio commentary, or extra features. Plus they had to complete special effects for the extended edition of the film, and assemble new special features material. The stuff on the regular release of the film is mostly electronic press kit type stuff, and the specials that were shown on TV, so they didn't have to assemble many features.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The Two Towers trailer....

Rather than start a new thread, I'll just add this to the LOTR thread already in progress:

Has anyone gone back to watch the four minute trailer at the end of FOTR?

Plenty of good stuff to look at. King Theoden looks great. I really liked Theoden's 'Where is the horse and the rider" monologue playing over the trailer. Gave it some artificial weight, but it was cool none the less. Almost didn't recognize Bernard Hughes in the role. Helm's Deep looks awesome! We get to see some Ents and lady Eowyn and Faramir. Grima Wormtongue makes a quick appearance. And last but not least, the White Rider in all his glory! Galadriel and Arwen show up quite a bit in the trailer. Don't remember much of them in the second book. Hmmmm. I know Arwen probably brings Aragorn the shards of Narsil to reforge, but Galadriel? We'll wait and see.

So who else has seen it?

I saw it. I'm pleased with everything I saw with the exception of the "white rider's" horse. His horse is not white, but in fact a dark color. His horse goes by the name of Shadowfax. That's my only ''geeky fan observation" complaint.

Everything else looks so awesome, especially Helm's Deep.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

If I'm not mistaken, his horse changes color with the daylight. White during the day, and black at night. But it's been a few months since I read Two Towers. Anybody confirm or disprove this for us?

Re: The Two Towers trailer....

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Rather than start a new thread, I'll just add this to the LOTR thread already in progress: Has anyone gone back to watch the four minute trailer at the end of FOTR?
    Going to go see it tommorow night, I can't wait. Sadly I have no clue what your talking about. I have never actually read the books. When I was younger I wasn't much of a fantasy person, I was all Sci-Fi and Horror, so I never was intrested. Now I love Fantasy just as much or more, and was going to read the books.

But then I heard they were making a movie I decided to wait. I am glad I did. I read the Harry Potter book before I saw the movie and was very unhappy because of it. In my mind, I guess that it's ok for a book to expand upon a movie, but I don't like it when the movie is a abridged version of the book. But If I see the movie first, and then read the book...I like it better. I dunno, maybe I'm crazy.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Re: The Two Towers trailer....

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Rather than start a new thread, I'll just add this to the LOTR thread already in progress:

Has anyone gone back to watch the four minute trailer at the end of FOTR?

Plenty of good stuff to look at. King Theoden looks great. I really liked Theoden's 'Where is the horse and the rider" monologue playing over the trailer. Gave it some artificial weight, but it was cool none the less. Almost didn't recognize Bernard Hughes in the role. Helm's Deep looks awesome! We get to see some Ents and lady Eowyn and Faramir. Grima Wormtongue makes a quick appearance. And last but not least, the White Rider in all his glory! Galadriel and Arwen show up quite a bit in the trailer. Don't remember much of them in the second book. Hmmmm. I know Arwen probably brings Aragorn the shards of Narsil to reforge, but Galadriel? We'll wait and see.

So who else has seen it?
    Sorry, RT. I just have to laugh at your post. I haven't ever read the books and only saw the first movie a couple of weeks ago without knowing who the heck anybody was or what the plot of the movie is. All the various names just sound like a bunch of people sitting around a kitchen table playing D&D on a Friday night.

I wonder if non-SW fans thing the same thing when they here us talking/debating about the movies.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Re: Re: The Two Towers trailer....

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Sadly I have no clue what your talking about. I have never actually read the books.
    That's ok, your still my friend and I still respect you...

j/k

When you see the preview, you'll see what we're talking about. The "white rider's" horse is white, but I don't remember it beeing that way in the book. His horse, Shadowfax, I always remembered as being dark and intimidating, but Rollo's thing about him changing colors, might be true. Been a while since I read the trilogy.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Re: Re: Re: The Two Towers trailer....

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    That's ok, your still my friend and I still respect you...
    Don't worry, I plan to read the first book later this month. I have been planning on it, but again I just hate watching a movie and knowing word for word what is gonna happen. Well, except for Star Wars. That I love reading and knowing all about before I go see it. I dunno, again...I'm probably crazy.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Is Two Towers still slated for a December release? I read somewhere that PJ wanted to delay it til next summer to finish it up.

Caesar, the trailer said "This Christmas" for whatever that's worth.

Wolfy, I have an "Expert" in the room that said the horse was always black. So you were right and I was wrong.