Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Yes, I know that. I'll rent the August 6th one and watch its features, and purchase the November 12th one. Jar Jar, I'm a DVD enthusiast just like you--but I don't want to pay for this movie three times!

Does the bookend set include anything besides the National Geographic special that the Deluxe version doesn't have?

Originally posted by DeadEye
    Yes, I know that. I'll rent the August 6th one and watch its features, and purchase the November 12th one. Jar Jar, I'm a DVD enthusiast just like you--but I don't want to pay for this movie three times!

Does the bookend set include anything besides the National Geographic special that the Deluxe version doesn't have?
    Three times? There are only two releases of the films.

As for the 5-disc box set, it will have the special box that the DVD set and bookends come in. As well as some exclusive promo CCG trading cards. So not really, no.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

No. There's the one on August 6th, then the one on November 12th, then the 5-disc set.

No. There's the one on August 6th, then the one on November 12th, then the 5-disc set.
    The November 12th 4-disc and 5-disc set are the same DVD set, you just get extra stuff with the 5-disc set. The 5th disc being the National Geographic special.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Oh! Ok! I thought the 5-disc set came out later.

There is a really good deal right now, for the 2-disc LOTR's DVD release on August 6th. At Blockbuster Video, for 24.99 you get a rental card, worth one rental a week for 10 weeks. And you get either the VHS release, the Pan & Scan DVD release, or the Widescreen DVD release for free. Not bad, 10 movie rentals and the LOTR's movie, for only $24.99.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That is a great deal--

But who on earth would want pan-n-scan?

That is a great deal--
    But who on earth would want pan-n-scan?
    Those poor sad people, that don't understand why Widescreen is so much better then Pan and Scam. Usually referred to as Joe 6-pack, or J6P for short.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LOL.

When I was about 8 years old, I hated widescreen. I didn't know that you saw more of the movie--all I knew was that the two black bars made the screen smaller, and I didn't like that.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Those poor sad people, that don't understand why Widescreen is so much better then Pan and Scam. Usually referred to as Joe 6-pack, or J6P for short.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Could you explain why widescreen is better?