Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

moulin rouge, ( disscuss it here!)

ok, there might be other threads on this, but i have looked and found nothing, general chat about moulin rouge, actors, and actresses! anything goes!
    ~thanks, kez~
    hayden christensen's girl, at your service

I haven't yet seen the movie, but I have seen Ewan McGregor sing. That was enough to make me NOT want to see it!!!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Beautiful movie. One of my all time favorites.

And McGregor's singing isn't all that bad, IMO.

Originally posted by Pendo
    I haven't yet seen the movie, but I have seen Ewan McGregor sing. That was enough to make me NOT want to see it!!!
    Ewan McGreggor is AWESOME in Moulin Rouge. He has an Amazing voice. I should know, I am a singer and an actor and those notes he hits are HIGH and he does them in full voice instead of going into falsetto which is very difficult. He was WAY better in Moulin Rouge than Nicole Kidman and I just don't understand why everyone gave her all this praise for the movie, but Ewan McGreggor was left out of the running for the Oscar. Whatever. The movie is absolutely amazing. The sets and cinematography are fantastic. Hopefully due to the great success of this movie we will start seeing more movie musicals. Hollywood needs to start bringing them back.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I really liked MR! It was in my top three for the year. Only LOTR was a better film, and Memento was just as good. Funny how both Memento and MR! got shafted at the Academy awards. Where was Ewan's best actor nom? I'm still huffy about that one.
    Ewan's rendition of "This is your song" is even better than Sir Elton's in my opinion. He sang it with such gusto and sincerity. It's one of my favorite scenes from ANY movie EVER.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I think the best scene/dance number is Le Tango De Roxanne.

Now that was an emotional song, and a very emotional scene.

Love this movie. Most definitely one of the best,and creative I've seen. I'll have to second Eternal Padawan about Ewans's rendition of "This is your song", and lack of an Oscar nomination. I couldn't believe it.

Truely a wonderful film. The DTS track rocks on this too.

Why is this movie on this movie forum?? Let me start a thread about Fried Green Tamatoes!!! or Steel Magnolias or hey!!! How about we discuss the TV show Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.....
    Last edited by scruffziller; 09-09-2002 at 08:46 AM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by scruffziller
    Why is this movie on this thread?? Let me start a thread about Fried Green Tamatoes!!! or Steel Magnolias or hey!!! How about we discuss the TV show Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.....
    This movie is on this thread because it's a Moulin Rouge thread...so what else would be on it?

I haven't seen FGT in awhile, but I remember it being a pretty good film, too.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

There edited, to eliminate any loopholes for sarcasm.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!