Arrow variations in the episode I micro machines/ action fleet line

has anyone found any kind of variations in either the micro machines or action fleet line for episode I toys?

as we all know, the classic line was full of em, (sheesh, practically every released vehicle in the 1st three waves had some kind of variation).

the only episode I variation which i am aware of, is that in some european mm set IV, the sith infiltrator was issued in the trophy maul painted version, in lieu of the green/grey tones used in the common released version.

unfortunately, due to the inadequate shipping and stocking of the later released wave toys, there was never enough stock around to compare different packages to each other.

i was just wondering if anyone knows of any variations,
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Unhappy

There was a minor variation for the Transforming Battle Droid Playset. When you fire the Naboo Ship on that launching platform thing, the reactor cores are supposed to "explode" (of course it just flies off, blatant false advertising). The boxes that were marked First Edition (which had a glossy box, the later and mire common ones had a rougher texture) had red reactor cores that exploded. The later editions were (I believe) blue and had a slighty different design regarding the reactor cores. For some reason I remember only seeing those first edition droids at KB. And come to think of it, they had first edition logos on their standard MM sets (I - IV, maybe I - VI) but I don't know if there were any differences with the later sets beside the packaging.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Sorry LBC, it's only the pictures on the outside of the box that are different on that Battle Droid transforming head playset, the toy inside is identical to the corrected boxed version, right down to the "exploding" reactor core. I hunted this bad boy down and opened it just to be sure, found it at KB.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Unhappy

Thanks for the information JT. I kinda remembered while typing last night about the disclaimer on the box--product may be different than shown on the box. I do have an open Battle Droid playset, except it's the later version that I picked up at a Toys R Us. I chose to keep the 1st edition unopened for display. Now I know it's the same.

Thanks
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

That's exactly why I hunted mine down and opened it, I HAD to let everybody know if Galoob had given the first few buyers something special, or if it was just a picture. I knew that other collectors would want to know what was the most interesting variation but wouldn't want to ruin the packaging if it was merely the photo on the box. I'm not usually a fan of variations unless they're REALLY nifty (like the large/small AF Vader's TIE), but that "reporter" in me had to let folks know.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Arrow i wuz lookin' at the back of the card which came with......

my episode I mm pack III (the one i have is a multilingual european version), and it shows three die cast vehicles, (droid control ship, gian speeder, and droid fighter). what caught my eye, is the gian speeder. the die cast version shown on this card is identical (minus of course the missles on steroids) to the af fleet version.

there is no third weapon mounted on the hood (bonnet for you brit types), and the cockpit canopy is identical as well to the af version. (very larged and rear hinged).

the die cast speeder that i have, has no cockpit canopy (the packaging propoganda indicates that this is a feature "retracted canopy")(amazin' calling nothing an added feature....sheeesh ), and it has a blaster weapon monted on the bonnet (hood for you yank types).

has anyone by chance happened upon a die cast that is identical to the af version, or is this another case of product and color may vary?
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding