Hybrid View

Word UP! Pay attention to be taught latest Youf speak from the UK

Hey all,

in light of little or no posting, and that I'm in a good mood and looking forward to going out tonight to get munted (very drunk) I thought I'd follow on from the pants fad to the new one;
    innit

"Innit" has now pervaded most walks of life media-wise and means "isn't it." It's not to be used in correct context and it is this malapropism that has made it a buzzword and an engenderment of the zeitgeist. It comes from the black bashment clubs of South London (pron' - Sarf Landon)

Here're four examples;

Correct use

I love goin' out, innit!

These American's are crazy, innit!

Incorrect use

This is mad, innit!

Tomorrow's Good Friday, innit!

Usually it is said in a common squeaky accent, perhaps like a stereotypical Essex girl. But let's not try to run before we can walk

So, now you know, I'd like to see this adopted into your daily vocab along with "pants" (which is getting a bit passť now, BTW)

Now, for your homework, I'd like you to come up with 2 good examples and 2 incorrect examples of your own. Better make it about mms or we run the risk of gettin the thread deleted, innit

jeddah

np: I'ma tell ya - Schooly D

apparently Someone hasn't been readin my mm & gendiscuss posts carefully enough. . .

. . .or someone Might've noticed i picked up use of "innit" from Someone some Time ago as assigned, two examples:
    "eat a choy, eat a choy, eat a choy choy mate! innit!" :happy:
    (say following while twirling billyclub)
    "'ello 'ello 'ellohh, what's awl this then innit!"
    vt
    np: english beat, "twist & crawl"

that's all very well,.....

.... but it doesn't seem to mean anything; "Eat a choy."

FWIW, I remember seeing it an' wondering what the Hello you were going on about, innit.

jeddah

Arrow you definately be the phat word bomb when it comes to mm speak

INNIT!!!!!!

don't ferget to post something nice when you scrumble back in tomorrow morn after you're nacht o' fun girl, we love it when you have a blonde day! innit!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

I'm so lame I thought it was "idnit" - same meaning - which we've been saying since I was still in grade school.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Jeddah

Having just returned from the US here is a true story about our US friends perversion of the mother tongue.........

THIS IS TRUE

Last week, I was in a museum in Raliegh called Exploris.

I was outside the museum with the entry sticker on my t-shirt when a old lady with a very broad Southern drawl approached me and asked......

"Murmer, murmer, murmer, son?" - old dear

"Pardon ?" - BC3

"Murmer, murmer, murmer, son?" - old dear again

"Sorry ?" - BC3

"DO......YOU......WORK.......HERE.....SON ?" - old dear again in very slow loud voice

"Oooh!!!!!!! No, I'm just visiting" - BC3

"Pardon ?" - old dear

"No, I'm just visiting" - BC3

"DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH ?" - old dear

! - BC3

AND........

To add insult to injury............

They have re-dubbed BOB THE BUILDER with an American accent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upset

BC3

These Americans are......well, ya know the rest

W/B BC3. I suppose you upheld the British standards of politeness by not telling her to boll**** (your use of 'old dear' must also appear so quaintly english to our foreign MMers, like.

jeddah
    eVerlasTing