Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do some aliens get dressed?

Has anyone ever wondered how Admiral Ackbar puts his shirts on? I mean, he's got those Popeye forearms that need to squeeze through the arms of his uniform. Ponda Baba has fins for hands (unlike the figure); so how does he manipulate anything? And then there's Mas Ameda (not classic trilogy, but relevant here), if you go to the Star Wars web-site and if you go to him in the Character section, there are several pictures of him (one from Episode II, I believe) and he's got this tight turtle-neck type shirt that couldn't possibly go over that big head, horns, and "head-tails".

Of course, we all know that the costumes are probably put on first and then all the necessary appendages. Just wondering what everybody else thought.

Interesting point. Strategically placed zippers, maybe?

BTW, Ponda Baba has furry hands. His severed arm is seen briefly in ANH. There are also some shots of him with flippers. This is because the cantina scene was shot twice, and several alien costumes--including Ponda Baba's--were different in the two. The EU has built on this, saying that there are two races of Aqualish, flippered and clawed.

How this ties in with the "fact" from starwars.com that Aqualish have four spider-like eyes, though, I have no clue.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I bet Velcro would come in handy for some of those guys . . . or gobs of butter

Watto's doing it the smart way, not wearing about it.

I think VERY CAREFULLY they put their suits on, not too mention it's probably something along the lines of a zipper or maybe even something like Marty's future jacket in Back to the Future II.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

No they are born with these out fits on. See that way when they grow up they fit. Think about it, how you even seen an alien in two different outfits? JK
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Originally posted by Caesar
    I bet Velcro would come in handy for some of those guys . . . or gobs of butter
    Ackbar isn't too fond of the use of butter if you know what I mean.

Well, if you want an explanation that isn't related to hollywood fx people making clothes over rubber suit pieces, then my explanation for the Mon Calamri is that they are squid people. So they can squish their body around a bit. Sorta like the earthly squid and octopus.

AND...

The unseen bathrooms in the Star Wars movies contains an auto-dressing machine for creatures who have no real ability to apply clothes on themselves.

LOL. I love the concept that there are aliens that can't dress themselves, needing an auto-dressing machine.

Dressing fundamentals

You put your right leg in,

You put your right leg out,

You put your right leg in and you shake it all about.....

¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

SPOILER!!!!!!!!

Actually, you guys really are onto something. Right after Episode III, poor Artoo and Threepio indeed find themselves consigned into such service by a bitter and oddly vengeful Obiwan. They are soon purchased by Ponda Boba who treats them quite well, though haughty Threepio feels that the position in clearly beneath him. And he recalls this period with open bitterness in ANH when he says "We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life"

The Aqualish later recognizes the droids as his former servants when they enter the Cantina. Ponda is understandably outraged at wimpy Luke's unwillingness to "stand up" for his droids to that loudmouth Wuhur. See, Ponda is an active crusader against the "Droidism" that plagues the galaxy and his furvor, coupled with his Mos Eisley brew, incites him to attack Luke. Obiwan (completely misreading the situation) behaves recklessly and poor Ponda pays a terrible and most undeserving price.