Hybrid View

Do you think Hasbro will give us an all new (spoiler inside for some)...?

Since apparently Slave I is in the new movie (I know only the basics of this movie, but I assume it's the same ship or type at least), do any of you think Hasbro will give us an all new molded version?

As cool as the redeco vintage one was with the POTF2 line, Hasbro could really do a kickarse new one!

I sure do hope they make a new Slave 1 (or whatever they're going to call it in episode 2).

We'd probably get a REAL SCANNED Slave 1 although I hope its a different colour to the Clasiic one,Since Jango wheres blue I hope his ship is that colour blue too!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

I will assume that yes, we will be getting something. Anything for Hasbro to reuse an old model for something new.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I totally agree. If Hasbro has the opportunity to do something on the cheap... they usually do so. I think it would be nice to see a "new" version of the ship anyhow... so who's complaining???
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Real scanned or not they'd still have to adjust the proportions to fit an action figure. A true to scale Slave 1 would be larger than the AT-AT and cost over $100! Hardly affordable for the average kid (or collector for that matter).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Even if they used the same basic design, maybe they could spruce it up with some additional sculpting - if only to cut back on the decals.

More than likely it will be the same Slave I but a different paint job and [hopefully]sound FX.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."