Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master Replicas

Question Master Replicas

What is everyones take on the Master Replicas. Do you think they will ever be worth anything? Do you think they cost to much? Do you think they should stop making props and make a real lightsaber or blaster (if your answer is not yes do not repsond)?

I think these replicas are very cool but way too pricey for my blood...I don't even want to think about scalpers running around with real lightsabers or the price that a real one would fetch.
    "I have a bad feeling about this..."

I was at the Philly Hobbie Expo last weekend trying to make contacts for my friends buisness. There was a stand there by Mar Distrobutions and they had a couple of the lightsaber replicas. They looked great! There was Yoda's lightsaber, and Luke's from ROTJ, Han's blaster, and Anakin's lightup F/X lightsaber. The guy started rambling on about SW and the origins of the lightsabers like he read it from a manual! I just politely nodded my head and acted like I was unknowing about SW. Then I popped a stumper question on him. "So how come the hilt replicas are almost $150 more then the F/X lightsabers? To me it would seem that with the sounds and lights, not to mention the fact of all the circitry in the hilt, that it should be the other way around." The guy just stood there dumbfounded and reached for a bunch of papers and started to ruffle through them.
    This gave me the chance to really look over the F/X saber in my hands. It looks like to me that the F/X is a casted saber, no indivdual parts, its all one peice. Where as the replicas are machined aluminum(I think) and there are many peices to make up one saber. As a matter of fact, it looks like you could disassemble the replicas. I turned to the guy how was still looking for an answer and said, "I think the price differance is due to the fact that the replicas are machined individual peices, where as this F/X saber is one cold casted peice. I can understand the price differance then. Plus the replicas look more true to the actual lightsabers. Take for instance this lightsaber from ROTJ that Luke Skywalker carried. The detail is great and the realism is almost perfect. Its a good represntation of this classic saber." The guy just stared at me and uttered something about "that's not it, there only making a certian amount of the replicas, that's the differance". I left him with his lame excuse and a brochure on the sabers.
    Later that day I walked by again and I heard him giving a mauled up version of what I said to a father and his son. They should really inform these vendors a little more b/4 sending them to trade shows! I know I don't know everything, but this is what I surmised from having them in my hands for about 10 minutes. The only one that wasn't there that I would have loved to have seen was Dookus saber. Oh well, I did get to see them
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

dar' argol,

from what i have read, you and the vendor were both correct. the fx sabers are indeed die cast, but the machined hilts are going to be limited editions, whereas the fx one are going to be mass produced.

i have a bootleg luke ROTJ saber, and it is exactly the same as the film prop at the "magic of myth" tour, and i got it for half the price that master replicas is selling it for.

the limited edition sabers might be worth something, if they truely are limited editions, or if they go outta business like icons did.

I think they look pretty cool. Since not just anybody will make replicas, I don't think the prices are too bad.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I wish I could afford one of these. I really like the Obi-Wan one, and a Mace Windu lightsaber would be sweeeeet. Has anyone had any further expierience with these since this thread was last used?
    Also, does anyone know what other companies, if any make lightsabers?
    Kadamontaga
    My collections

After almost a month since the release, I have not yet been charged for them nor have they shipped out. WHAT IS THE HOLD UP????????????????????????????????

Re: Master Replicas

Originally posted by Cotasnoova
    What is everyones take on the Master Replicas. Do you think they will ever be worth anything? Do you think they cost too much? Do you think they should stop making props and make a real lightsaber or blaster (if your answer is not yes do not repsond)?
    What do you mean by "real" Lightsaber? I've always thought that props are as real as current technology levels can achieve? Am I missing something?
    By the way, I bought one of the Icons Skywalker Lightsaber, and it's the crown jewel of my collection. If these new replicas are anything like that then they'll be well worth it! Especially since they retail for less than the Icons versions.

Re: Re: Master Replicas

Originally posted by RooJay

What do you mean by "real" Lightsaber? I've always thought that props are as real as current technology levels can achieve? Am I missing something?
    I was kind of wondering that too.

Anyway, I would LOVE to get one of the hilt replicas, but it's just way out of my prive range right now. I was thinking of getting Anakins FX saber from them though. The website mentioned it as being oversized because of the batteries and electronics. Has anyone seen it in person? Is it basically the right size?

I can deal with it not being PERFECT but if it's the same size as the Hasbro sabers or something then I'll pass.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I like the Master Replicas sabers, but I'm not rich enough to afford them. Where else can you get replica savers?