Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panic Room!

Originally posted by Caesar
    When I first saw the trailer, I thought JF had a son in this movie.

I'm up and down with Fincher - I liked Se7en, but didn't care for Fight Club. I'll probably see it this week and give it a try

He also did Alien 3 which was considered his first "big" directing experience. And I'm STILL not sure how I feel about that one
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Alien 3 is the best Alien movie in the series.

Panic Room "inside goodies" When Jodie Foster calls her ex-husbands house and his new girlfriend/wife answers the phone, it's Nicole Kidman on the other end. Nicole, as you may recall, was supposed to play Jodie Fosters role, but an ankle injury she sustained on Moulin Rouge flared up again three weeks into shooting, and she had to be replaced. Cool cameo!

The neighbor across the garden that Jodie tries to signal with the flashlight is played by Andrew Kevin Walker, the screewriter who wrote Se7en, Sleepy Hollow, and 8MM. He also helped out a lot on Fight Club's script, but since union laws prevent him from being mentioned (even in the thank yous at the end of the movie) Fincher named the three police detectives who try to cut off Edward Norton's "goods" Detective Andrew, Detective Kevin, and Detective Walker.

DNA, I know exactly how I feel about Alien 3... I HATE it! Sorry Rollo, I totally disagree with you about this one, Alien 3 betrays the Alien franchise at nearly every turn.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Alien Cubed is the best of the series? HA !

Sooooo, can anyone explain why Columbia Tristar (noted for their brilliant use of quality keepcases) decided to throw the DVD of Panic Room into a disgusting, thin box?

I saw it in stores, and am baffled by that decision.

Oh well, good thing I wasn't planning on buying it !

It's a Super-Sbit release. They have funky boxes for their titles and drop almost all features for DTS sound. I heard they are planning the regular release later this year or early next.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    There's a nifty 2-discer coming out in February ain't there?

That's what I heard and that's why I didn't buy this one...

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    It's a Super-Sbit release. They have funky boxes for their titles and drop almost all features for DTS sound.
    Nope.

Every other Superbit I've seen has a regular case inside a cardboard outer box, for example I looked at the SuperBit "We Were Soldiers" the same day.

Panic Room comes in an ultra slim box, no keep case involved.

Loved the movie but the ending really sucked! I won't get into details for those that have not seen it yet.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Originally posted by Caesar

Nope.

Every other Superbit I've seen has a regular case inside a cardboard outer box, for example I looked at the SuperBit "We Were Soldiers" the same day.

Panic Room comes in an ultra slim box, no keep case involved.
    We Were Soldiers is not a Superbit title, wrong studio. You must be thinking of The Patriot.

Columbia has changed the outer box once already, and now it sems they are going for another look. Did they do the same thing to Snatch?

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    It's a Super-Sbit release. They have funky boxes for their titles and drop almost all features for DTS sound. I heard they are planning the regular release later this year or early next.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I thought they dropped all the features so they could have a higher bit rate, hence Superbit. Not DTS Sound.
    Powdered Toast Man!