Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Panic Room!

That's part of it too, but superbits always have DTS, which takes up an enormous amount of room, compared to regular sound tracks. So the combination of a higher bit rate, and the DTS track, pretty much leave no room for anything else. I'd rather have a slightly lower bit rate, Dolby sound (since in tests there is very little difference), and a ton of extras.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    That's part of it too, but superbits always have DTS, which takes up an enormous amount of room, compared to regular sound tracks. So the combination of a higher bit rate, and the DTS track, pretty much leave no room for anything else. I'd rather have a slightly lower bit rate, Dolby sound (since in tests there is very little difference), and a ton of extras.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    NO WAY! Columbia and other studios are doing the right thing IMO by including both tracks (and maybe commentary) on the movie disc. Leave all the "extra features for disc 2.

since in tests there is very little difference
    Tests don't mean anything. It's what sounds good to your ears that matter. I will say this though, the improvement in DTS sound greatly depends on how good the equipment it's being played on is and how it's set up.

Not according to proffessionally done tests, but again it's a matter of prefrence. But I would rather have my Dolby and Commentary tracks over DTS sound. Plus not every movie needs or deserves a 2-disc set, so adding DTS to every movie would mean less or no features on a lot of them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 09-24-2002 at 07:41 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Not according to proffessionally done tests,

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I know not every "professionally done test" shows Dolby as being slightly inferior to DTS. We get copies of those tests all the time where I work, and I know "professionally" DTS is almost always preffered.

Your right though it is a matter of preference for each individual.

Originally posted by mini-rock
    We Were Soldiers is not a Superbit title, wrong studio. You must be thinking of The Patriot.
    Yep, and I realized my gaffe when I left this afternoon.
    I just got "Soldiers" in the mail today (forgot to decline my Director's selection ) so that's why it was in my head.

Columbia has changed the outer box once already, and now it sems they are going for another look. Did they do the same thing to Snatch?
    Not the version I've seen; my friend's copy of Snatch is in a nice keep case.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Not the version I've seen; my friend's copy of Snatch is in a nice keep case.
    Just to be sure you are referring to the Superbit of Snatch that was released on September 17th right?

Superbit Snatch? Sorry, I know nothing of it. Carry on then!

Originally posted by Caesar
    Superbit Snatch? Sorry, I know nothing of it. Carry on then!
    Yeah it's a SB Deluxe release. I thought Panic Room was supposed to be too, but I guess thats what we'll get next year.